Friday, 18 August 2017

Blenheim & Burford



Last year we had two visits to Blenheim Palace, you pay once and this allows you to get a pass so you can visit free for the rest of the year, our pass was about to expire so we thought we would have one last visit.

For the overseas readers and anyone who doesn't know - Blenheim Palace is home to the 12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough. It is a world heritage site and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. 

I didn't take many photos as I already have plenty from previous visits, but these are the ones I took today.




















The Butterfly House.


After Blenheim it was off to Burford -  Burford is a medievel town on the River Windrush in the Cotswolds hills in West Oxfordshire, it is often referred to a the gateway to the Cotswolds.







Followed by Burford Garden Company.
It was a huge place, they had everything and more in there.













Giant bar of chocolate only £42/ Giant bug hotel only £800







A nice day out, a break from the norm.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Marlene. I would lose myself in that garden center place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tania, we have never been to a garden centre on this scale it just went on and on, I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked as my phone died on me.

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish we were nearer, I'd love a day just wandering around Blenheim and Burford xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to go some where nice not too far away from home xx

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful place. I love to visit historical places. Thank you for the beautiful photos Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nil you are welcome, I love to visit historical places as well, also cathedrals and churches.

      Delete
  4. How lovely. I live just 2 miles from Burford Garden Company. I love to go and walk around window shopping. The prices are far out of my range these days.. I get lovely ideas and inspiration from there though. It has wonderful smells and classical music. A real treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly a lot more than the average garden centre, we came out empty handed but it was nice to see.

      Delete
  5. The palace and gardens look beautiful Marlene and that garden centre looks huge! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Jules, it was very pricey indeed xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day out. Loved the garden centre but sadly not the prices.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.