Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Deals & not being a "Brand" snob


We have a budget to stick to so we can't or won't just go in the supermarket and just fill up a trolley, it's been years since we shopped like that. I buy as many yellow stickers as I can, we like to eat plenty of fruit and veg and if I can't find any on the reduced shelf I will buy it from the street market or car boot, on Monday we went up the town and bought carrier bags full of fruit and veg for only £2.00 a bag, I look for a good deal on everything.


This week it was time to buy toilet rolls again. The ones I buy are £3.99, but I spotted a deal, 3 for £10 in Farm Foods. Buying in large quantities takes up room to store but if it saves me money I will do it. Buying 3 packs saved us £2.00.



54 Toilet Rolls for £10

Today I spotted some ketchup on the reduced to clear shelf, it's only shops own brand and still in date for 13 months, so at 30p a bottle it had to come home with me.


Only 30p a bottle - bargain!

One thing we are not is "Brand" snobs, I try all basics ranges, some are not nice others are fine, I will give it a try.


Some "Basic Range" items purchased today.




Cloths - 35p
Bleach - 28p
Kidney Beans - 30p
Tomatoes - 29p
Mustard - 25p
Pickle - 24p

Only £1.71 for the six items above.


Shopping smart saves money!

10 comments:

  1. We are travelling over to the mainland and down to England on Friday so we will be stocking up on some cheaper items to bring back. I do miss the bargains. Great buy on the toilet rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you come back with some good bargains.

      Delete
  2. I like Asda but we only have a very small shop in my town. When Asda bought out certain Cooperative Society Stores they inherited the store which they couldn't make bigger so the lines they stock are restricted. They would rather give space to branded items then their own brand unfortunately so I have to pop in the new one in Clacton when I get the opportunity. Great bargains and I couldn't agree with you more, finding room for bargains is essential. I may try that toilet roll when my stash from my brother in Law runs out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky our Asda is one of the big stores, the toilet roll is a great buy, 3 ply and quilted I have been buying that brand for a while now.

      Delete
  3. We just don't seem to have bargains like your sauce one at our locals Asda stores. I think the best bargains in ours are usually from the bakery section xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't seem to get much from the bakery section, just as well really as it goes right to my hips, xx

      Delete
  4. My current circumstances mean I am beholden to on line deliveries, so am quite envious of your bargains! However, on the rare occasions I get to a real shop I never see bargains of the level you get. I think I told you the last one I saw was boxes and boxes of nearly two weeks out of date French Fancies with just 20p off. Poor! I wonder why the ketchup is so cheap when it is so well in date? I wonder if they are changing the packaging, or sizing, and are shifting it on through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, I love those French Fancies, yes I think Asda have been clearing lots of things as they are updating the packaging, I am really quite lucky living here with the stores only a few minutes away.

      Delete
  5. We always bulk buy when the offers are on, I do have a couple of bra.ds, mainly my coffee and hu bys tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes sense doesn't. Yes I do as well we will only drink certain teas and coffees as well, but other things we will try the basics.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.