Thursday, 13 July 2017

Busy



I have a new follower - bit confused to who it is, sometimes people follow and leave and then come back,  I think its Linda? anyway hello and welcome.


I have been so busy since my last post, I have nearly finished my next book, it is in my son's safe hands doing the editing and formatting etc. We just have to spend the next few days doing the rest of the photos. 

I have neglected the house keeping a bit so yesterday I gave the kitchen a really good blitz, I just have to take my hanging crystals down and give them a wash.





Then  I must start on the other rooms. Anything no longer wanted will be heading to the next car boot we do before the end of the season.









Love this quote - how very true.







On the frugal front, I have made some new candles from the old candle scraps.




Picked up some decking off cuts from freecycle, my husband will make these into some planters for me. 



This morning I picked up some free soup from using coupons - not really soup weather but it is to nice a freebie to say no to.



From the garden this week I have had, mixed salad leaves, radishes, courgettes, and some blackcurrants.



Before I do anymore cleaning I want to spend some time in the garden this afternoon, doing a bit of dead heading and weeding, time spent in the garden I find is a very good way to relax, I just love being outdoors.


I shall leave you with just a few pictures of the garden.















Lovely Lillies bought for 50p at the car boot








28 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking gorgeous.
    I can't wait until we can get a greenhouse for Roz-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the greenhouse, gardening and growing is a lovely rewarding hobby x

      Delete
  2. I often use the William Morris quote, it's a good guide to life and to stop over spending. Your garden looks lovely, I hope you have time to sit and rest as well as work in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The William Morris quotes are brilliant, I will find time for the garden.

      Delete
  3. Crystals and glass do look so beautiful after a refreshing wash! I have found a way to make candles go even further. If they are fragrant, warm them in a tart, or melt, warmer then, once the fragrance is completely spent, you can make candles out of the wax, adding fresh fragrance if you so wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crystals have been washing and they are now sparkling. I bought a warmer a few months ago, thankyou that is a very good idea.

      Delete
  4. perfect quotes. I especially love the William Morris one.

    You have been busy, and your garden is looking lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sadie I love quotes, yes I have been busy, I like to keep things tidy and clean, xxx

      Delete
  5. Such lovely quotes along with a beautiful garden, I can't wait until we can get a garden established.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidence - we recently visited a beautiful Arts & Crafts house (blog post planned) where some of William Morris's work featured. There was a plaque on the wall in the reception area with this very quote!
    What a pretty garden you have. Elouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, how lovely for you. I would have enjoyed that.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful garden Marlene and those apples are looking good. My garden is my sanctuary I don't have time to think of anything else when I'm out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your garden is beautiful! Great photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful collection of Summer flowers in the garden.
    Looking forward to your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations finishing your second book. Your garden is simply beautiful, no wonder you like being out there xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is stunning, Marlene, absolutely beautiful, especially considering you managed to go away and leave it for a week, and also the hot weather and then the torrential rain. So, so beautiful, it puts our efforts to shame!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your kind words Margaret. Your garden is lovely as well.

      Delete
  12. It's always soup weather for me! Love your photos, the garden looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love soup but I eat more salad this time of year.

      Delete
  13. I have some hanging crystals too but I've never thought to hang them like you have done inside. Mine are outside on our verandah. Your garden looks filled with flowers...how delightful! I am trying to strike some rose geranium cuttings at the moments because I have an area of my garden, where my son's sandpit used to be, that I am working on and I don't want to buy plants. So, I thought I'd see if I can get some cuttings going, plant them up and then put them in this area come Spring. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meg, I love my crystals. Good luck with your cuttings it will be nice if you can get more plants for free without buying.

      Delete
  14. The garden is looking beautiful Marlene.
    I saw the soup on offer the other day and immediately thought of you.
    We've been travelling around and about this week so my house is in dire need of cleaning but at least while I'm out enjoying myself I'm not in to see the mess. 😆 X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou Jules, I only so the soup freebie yesterday, I saw on IG you have been out and about, you do have some lovely walks x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.