Friday, 16 June 2017

Simple food



This weeks simple food........



Monday -  fish pie.



 Tuesday - butternut squash puff pizza and salad.



Wednesday - well we were naughty we popped up to Morrison's and had an all day breakfast for an early lunch.


Tea was bacon, egg and avocado salad.


Thursday was another fish pie, I made extra on Monday.

Friday - Quiche and salad


It was a shop bought quiche from the freezer, I prefer homemade, but it was only 20p



Some nice meals which didn't break the bank, just because we are on a budget doesn't mean we can't eat well.


I got two boxes of free ice creams from CheckoutSmart.

The offer is still on, you don't have to go to Asda, it is for stores own brand cones.


I also bought Granola for 50p, again I used checkout smart, I think this offer has finished now.





18 comments:

  1. That all looks lovely Marlene especially that egg and bacon salad-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meals, a perfect example of eating well without breaking the bank. The yellow sticker buys come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how people live off ready meals, I love my salads and veggies.

      Delete
  3. What nice colourful meals. Can't beat that quiche for 30p!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I always work on lots of colours lots of goodness.

      Delete
  4. Tasty looking meals, the bacon and egg salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I think I shall have another one next week.

      Delete
  5. Lovely, colourful and delicious looking meals. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have served some lovely meals, there, Marlene, very colourful and very nourishing, and nicely presented.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Margaret,I like lots of veg and salad, colour means goodness.

      Delete
  7. A week of delicious looking, tasty meals xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. all looks yummy. and you've reminded me I have a butternut squash in the pantry that I must use soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sadie, butternut's usually keep well, not sure how long in this heat though x

      Delete
  9. It all looks delicious, especially the fish pie.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Amalia, I like the idea of making things in these mason cash pie dishes, it is a good way of portion control.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.