Sunday, 4 June 2017

North Wales - Part One



Hello I am back again, last time I checked in here I was in a right state suffering from severe sciatica, I had it a few weeks before, and my back and hips have been playing up for some time now, I wasn't doing anything strenuous it just went. I have never had pain like that before. I was crippled I couldn't move.

Thankyou so much to everyone who commented wishing me well, I was very touched.

I was very stressed when the back problems started as we were due to go on our holiday to North Wales the following Saturday. We even bought a wheelchair on the local ebay just incase. Luckily we bought it at a good price so we can still sell it on and maybe make a few pounds out of it. It took me four days until I could walk with sticks, and then the Saturday we left I could just about walk unaided, I am still not right, my knee is playing up as well now, but it will take time and I will try not to overdo it. I think it's going to take a long time for me to feel normal again.


So the holiday....

We booked an apartment for seven days in Rhos on Sea.

On the way we stopped off in Shrewsbury and visited the abbey, and then popped up the town for a coffee.












We then continued our journey and the next stop was Llangollen where we stopped for a snack. After this we went to the apartment.







After we got sorted out we had some supper in Llandudno.



Day Two.

We went to Anglesey and payed a visit to Beaumaris.



There were a few stalls about, you could hold these owls for a £2.00 donation to charity.








We visited the station with the longest name.


Next to it was the shopping centre where we had a wander and some light refreshments.



The next stop was Caernarfon Castle.

Caernarfon Castle was one of a series of castles built after the end of the second Welsh war of independence in 1282 by King Edward 1. Building began in 1283. It was to be his royal palace-fortress.







Day Three.

We had a quick stop in Conwy.


Conwy Castle


I don't usually buy souvenirs but I  bought a love spoon from the gift shop to hang up in my kitchen.


A lovespoon is a wooden spoon decoratively carved that was traditionally presented as a gift of romantic intent, the spoon is normally decorated with love and was intended to reflect the skill of the carver.

Today they are a very popular souvenir, and are also very popular as gifts for weddings, anniversaries, valentines etc.

The next stop was Conwy Water Gardens and Dutch Pancake House.

We wandered around the nature trail.









We had a look around the Aquatic Centre.








Then we went into the pancake house.


My french Pancake


After this we went up to the Great Orme.

The Great Orme is a prominent limestone headland, next to the town of Llandudno .





After this we went into Llandudno and had a wander around the shops.




I shall write some more about the rest of the holiday in a few days time.

21 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read you are feeling better, it's no fun not being able to walk. Loved your trip, it's been a while since we traveled up that way, lovely photo's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marlene, it is no fun not being able to walk, I am still in pain now but I will be careful. Glad the trip bought back some memories for you.

      Delete
  2. It's good to hear that you're on the mend. Wales looks beautiful. It sounds as if you have been keeping yourself busy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tania, I wasn't going to miss my holiday, yes I like to keep busy and make the most of it.

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your time in North Wales which is where I live!Rhos on Sea is about 35 minutes away.My brother lives on the Fylde and Rhos on Sea is his favourite holiday destination.I hope you went to the littE chapel on the beach.I look forward to the next set of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you living in such a wonderful place, we didn't visit the chapel on the beach this time but we did go there on our visit to Wales in 2014.

      Delete
  4. Glad that you're feeling better. I had what you had so you have my sympathy. I visited north Wales as a child having been brought up in Liverpool, we would often holiday there. It's somewhere I must visit again do I look at your posts with interest. I was even taught to say the name of the station and can recite it still today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could quite happily live there it is a wonderful place x

      Delete
  5. How lovely to see you back Marlene and also to see what a lovely holiday you had.
    Beautiful photos-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shelia, hope all is well with you, I know you have had a tough time x

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you're feeling better, hope you're back to your normal self soon. Your holiday looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cheryl, the timing of the bad back wasn't great, but I kept plodding on as I love our holidays, x

      Delete
  7. What a lovely holiday, Marlene! And so glad you didn't need your wheelchair. And such a smart apartment, too. I love the look of those Dutch pancakes (trust me to home in on food!) And such lovely places you have visited, too. Shrewsbury is so pretty with those timbered buildings, and then the contrast between there and Wales. Love the owls! I once 'shadowed' a falconer for a day, helping her feed the birds (dead mice from a large fridge, they had been bred for this purpose) and also got to hold the birds and have them fly to my wrist. It was a magical moment when they landed on my writs, such wonderful birds, these birds of prey.
    Look forward to your next post about your holiday.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Margaret,the wheelchair would have been no fun for me or my husband if he had to push me around all day, but saying that when times are bad we love and look after each other just the same. What a lovely experience with the birds for you. As you know I love birds, I am just catching up with Spring watch which I missed last week.

      Delete
  8. It's so lovely to have you back Marlene. I hope you're improving day by day and I also hope you didn't try and sit on those high stools in the apartment kitchen! It looks like you managed to enjoy yourself, however. How you manage to fit so much in I have no idea but you've visited some fabulous places and that pancake looks amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules that is kind, no I avoided the stools, I am not doing so well today, gone backwards a bit now, I shall take it a bit more easy tomorrow, trouble is I like to keep busy. We did pack a lot into the holiday xx

      Delete
  9. So glad you are feeling better. Your holiday brings back a lot of memories for me. Growing up in Manchester we had many trips to Wales and visited some of the places that you visited. At this moment I am watching the We Love Manchester. So many artists that have come together to show their support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Janice, glad it bought back some memories for you. The Manchester bombing and the London attacks are just awful, what is happening to this world.

      Delete
  10. Looks like an amazing trip, you certainly filled every moment. I was thrilled that you were able to go I had thought you may have had to cancel. Take care and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou we did pack a lot into it, I would have gone in the wheelchair if I had to but it just wouldn't have been the same, glad it didn't get to that though.

      Delete
  11. Glad to see you back, Marlene, and hope you are feeling much improved. Love the Maine pictures.
    Shrewsbury is nice. I have been a number of times as my daughter lives quite close.
    Your holiday accommodation looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.