Friday, 30 June 2017

It's been a good week on the frugal front.




Some good thrifty goings on this week.......

I have only done a minimal shop for the basics this week. So not really any yellow stickers apart from these potatoes.






Some good freebies.

By using shopping apps I had all this free.

2  packets of cinnamon and raisin bagels, we had some for breakfasts this week and the other pack went in the freezer.

2 of these bars.


2 bottles of cider.


On the local gumtree someone was giving away a huge bag of dvd's, we kept the ones we wanted, the ones we didn't want went to ziffit and the ones they didn't take went into the car boot box, free dvd's and money, it's all good.


From Freecycle.....

I picked up a huge carrier bag full of hotel soaps, there must be over 100.

A Sony dvd player, which has now gone in our bedroom.


Free Sony dvd player only used a few times by the previous owner



Thinking ahead about doing another car boot sale at the end of the season.......

I took some cuttings from the money tree plants.

They grow very easily from cuttings, they will even root from a single leaf. By the time we do the next car boot in a few months they will be a better size.


I bought a spider plant for £1.00 at last weeks car boot sale and it was pot bound so I split it , one for me and two more to sell and a baby one.



I have also sown several trays of herbs, and they will also be taken to the next car boot.

We are eating salad leaves regularly from the garden, and this week I picked the first courgette.

So it's been a pretty good week.

All these little things help, 

16 comments:

  1. I think you should definitely wear the frugal queen crown now Marlene-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good making money in lots of different ways isn't it. I've had a lot of success with my plants at the car boot sales we've done this year. I've just been in the polytunnel potting up some Cosmos in planters ready for the next car boot sales at the end of July, by then they should look quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you that's great, Cosmos is lovely. I also forgot to mention I took cuttings from the butterfly bush last year, so I shall take them as well and I will do some more cuttings I think tomorrow. It certainly all helps doesn't it.

      Delete
  3. Some great money making ideas Marlene. I agree with Sheila. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine who would take home the small soaps from hotels and guest houses, but if you have access to them free, Marlene, they will keep you clean for years! I've never taken unused soaps from hotels and guest houses. It almost smacks of desperation, squeezing the last ounce out of what someone has paid, one step away from removing the loo roll. And some would do that, too, not to mention the towels.
    Who on earth parts with a working DVD player? We certainly are a wasteful society, are we not? Our stereo system was bought in 1989 and is still working!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a very wasteful society indeed Margaret, some people have got more money than sense, I wonder if the person in question use to work for a hotel chain?, thank goodness for freecycle, saving money is what it's all about for us, if we can use make use of something it is all good. The dvd player will be used in the winter months when it's cold and we decide to snuggle up in bed.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you've had some real bargains. It's great how you make money out of existing plants, it means someone else gets to appreciate them for a good price too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good idea isn't it, I shall take some more cutting from my other plants, xx

      Delete
  6. sounds like a very good week indeed. And now here we are, in July! This year is whizzing by! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is,the months have just flown by, xx

      Delete
  7. I really need to get my eyes tested ~ I thought "what lovely plums" {potatoes!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very red aren't they, I don't usually but red ones but they were nice.

      Delete
  8. Shame we don't live closer I would definitely be buying the plants. Sadly we were unable to bring any plants or planters with us as our furniture went into storage for 2 months. I am impressed with the DVD player, perfect for those winter evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least you can start afresh, when its cold its nice to snuggle up in bed and watch a film sometimes.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.