Monday, 8 May 2017

Oat & Raisin Cookies



I did some baking on Friday afternoon, I made some Madeleines and some oat and raisin cookies, this is an american recipe.


Ingredients

100g Raisins
150ml Vegetable Oil
200g Golden Caster Sugar
1 large egg (beaten)
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
140g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
300g Oats
50ml water




1. Heat the oven to 160c fan or equivalent. Line two baking trays.

2. In a large mixing bowl mix the oil and sugar together. Gradually beat in the egg, water, cinnamon and vanilla.

3. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into the bowl and mix well.

4. Stir in the oats and raisins.

5. Drop heaped  tablespoons onto the baking trays, flatten just a little, leave space
for them to spread.

5. Bake for 15 mins or until golden.


They will keep well for 3 to 4 days.

This made rather a lot but the recipe is easily halved.

This is the first time I have made these, they are so simple and very tasty so will be going in the recipe folder.






14 comments:

  1. I shall try these when my baking mojo comes back from it's holiday.
    Would they freeze unbaked do you think so that I can just take some out to bake when needed for pack ups? -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure to be honest Shelia, I have froze sponge mix before but never anything like this. x

      Delete
  2. They certainly look good, I would have to half the amount. Sadly we have no control if they are there we eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I will do the same next time.

      Delete
  3. Gosh, that's a blast from my past! I used to bake these all the time when I first lived abroad and they would just disappear. Great bake sale cookie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why they are popular, very tasty indeed.

      Delete
  4. They look very nice, will be trying them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look good. I like cinnamon in biscuits. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules the cinnamon comes through lovely xx

      Delete
  6. they might keep 3 or 4 days, but do they last that long?! They wouldn't if I was around!!!
    They look scrummy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look good! I'm not too keen on raisins though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tania, they would still be nice without them.

      Delete