I did some baking on Friday afternoon, I made some Madeleines and some oat and raisin cookies, this is an american recipe.
150ml Vegetable Oil
200g Golden Caster Sugar
1 large egg (beaten)
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
140g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1. Heat the oven to 160c fan or equivalent. Line two baking trays.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the oil and sugar together. Gradually beat in the egg, water, cinnamon and vanilla.
3. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into the bowl and mix well.
4. Stir in the oats and raisins.
5. Drop heaped tablespoons onto the baking trays, flatten just a little, leave space
for them to spread.
5. Bake for 15 mins or until golden.
They will keep well for 3 to 4 days.
This made rather a lot but the recipe is easily halved.
This is the first time I have made these, they are so simple and very tasty so will be going in the recipe folder.