Thursday, 4 May 2017

Christmas Gifts



Hello dear readers, I can't believe it has been 9 days since I last posted. I have just been very busy. Any way I know a few were interested in hearing about the Great Tits, a video will be posted either tomorrow or the next day.

Although it was Bank Holiday weekend and three car boot sales I didn't really come back with that much. There was a really cheap fruit and veg stall where you could buy carrier bags full for £2.00 which was brilliant so I came home with several bags. It was nice quality produce as well so will be doing the same again this weekend.

Other things I bought....


Sealed dvd box set £1.00
A couple more Mason Cash pie dishes 50p each
Buckingham Palace Soaps £1.00
Yardley fragrances (sealed) £1.00 each
Bubble baths box 50p





I pick up as many new items as I can find, this just saves so much money throughout the year and at Christmas. Gone are the days when we used to go out a few weeks before Christmas and spend hundreds of pounds, it can't and won't be done anymore.

So the gift drawer this year is looking like this not a great deal but I shall keep adding to it.





Only £8.50 spent so far on Soaps, hand creams, fragrances, shower gels, bubble baths, macaron candles, mini cake stand, wildlife coasters.



By the end of the year we will have some lovely gifts and they will have cost very little.

20 comments:

  1. There are some beautiful gifts there, the coasters are particularly lovely. Looking forward to the Great Tit update xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cheryl I love the coasters too, the Great tits have been very interesting to watch xx

      Delete
  2. Great gifts and at great prices too. That is one thing I do miss getting the fresh veg from the local car boot sale. I am blessed in so many other ways so I cant complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are blessed it's true I would rather be in a location like yours.

      Delete
  3. Good idea. It does help if you already have a gift ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, it means less to think about when the time comes.

      Delete
  4. They will be a huge help with your gift list this year. I've cut right back this time so am not going to worry about it just yet. It pays to be prepared. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also be making cut backs this year xx

      Delete
  5. What lovely items, Marlene! It's good to plan ahead, isn't it? But I don't really want to think of Christmas just yet, girl! I'd be tempted to use the soap, knowing my weakness for lovely soap!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to plan ahead, one less thing to think about, those Buckingham Palace soaps smell gorgeous, I think they might well leave the gift drawer.

      Delete
  6. Some lovely items in your gift drawer, I am going start a drawer, it is such a good idea to get things for Christmas and birthdays throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Jane it will take the stress away.

      Delete
  7. you are organised Marlene. My solution to not spending too much money in the run up to Christmas is ... to not! Our gift giving has shrunk so much over the years as family members decided not to bother any more. Which is fine, until someone changes their mind and suddenly appears with a gift when you really didn't think they would!
    You've found some good bargains there. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sadie, yes we are cutting right back anyway, but it is always handy to have a few bits in x

      Delete
  8. You have lovely things in your gift drawer, things that people would love and could use are wonderful to put away when you find them at good prices. I have a gift tub that lives in the bottom of my linen closet and I try to put little things I make and find at markets in there for birthdays and Christmas. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good idea to plan ahead Meg.

      Delete
  9. I tend to pick things up through the year too. Can't stand shopping in busy Christmas shops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are some lovely things there Marlene. My gift drawer is pretty empty at the moment. I need to get a grip after all it's already May :/. Looking forward to the bird video x

    ReplyDelete