Sunday, 9 April 2017

Some action in the nest box



Welcome to my new follower Stephanie Honour.

Sue asked me how the nesting was going, so I thought I would give an update.

Yesterday evening the great tits were making a quite a noise, whilst my husband was up late watching match of the day I thought I would put the next box camera on. I was really pleased to see the female in there.


 All fluffed up and snuggled down for the night.


In the morning she had disappeared you can see the first egg at the bottom.


It is normal for them to leave the eggs, she will lay the rest and then start to incubate.


I will keep you updated, but it will only be still pictures as my darling son usually does the videos for me and is away on his Easter break.

12 comments:

  1. It looks so cosy in there.
    How exciting-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than Spring watch! (as I'm not keen on Chris Packham!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can get a bit cocky at times I think.

      Delete
  3. Oh, now this is getting even more exciting. I'll look forward to the updates. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is I am so pleased they started using it, xx

      Delete
  4. This is so exciting ... I wonder whether there will be chicks? Silly me, of course there will be chicks!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very exciting, hopefully all will be well, they don't take long before they fledge, I shall be monitoring them closely​.

      Delete
  5. Utter magic to have this linked to your living room knowing it is right there in the garden. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is linking to my computer but it can be linked to the tv, it is so lovely to see.

      Delete
  6. I'd rather watch the birds than Match of the Day too, it looks like there could be some little baby birds soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take long after she has laid incubation is 13-15 days.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.