Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Books



Welcome to my new follower Julie Andres.

When did I decide to have a go at book writing? A few years ago when I had the first Simple Living blog (now deleted) a few people said to me why don't you put all your tips together in a book, so that's what I did.


I am currently just finishing off the second book which is completely different to the first (I can't say any more at the moment).  I have also started on others, I am spending several hours a day on this at the moment.


The first book which you can see in my header is now available on Amazon in paperback format as well as the kindle version.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Money-Saving-Simple-Living-ebook/dp/B06XVG8RSV/

This has black and white photos due to the printing costs, printing in colour would have made the book much more expensive and I didn't want to do that for this first "dipping my toe in the water" book.

The next book will be much longer and have colour photos, but it has more than double the content.

Hopefully this will be launched at the end of June.

A copy of the paperback arrived today, and we are really pleased with it.

The kindle version will be on a 7 day promotion from midnight tonight a half the original cost.

10 comments:

  1. I think it's brilliant that you are publishing these books. I could never imagine achieving something like that. I will try and get the paperback ordered this weekend and then look forward to the next one. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Jules, that is such a lovely thing to say,it means a lot to me, I have always considered myself as a bit of an under achiever, but I have to say I feel really proud right now, I hope you enjoy your book, xx

      Delete
  2. Clever you Marlene. I think your achievement in writing not one but two books is just awesome-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your kindness Shelia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations I have just ordered a copy to our kindle and look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you have been busy! I'm sure writing a book and selling it is no easy task, so well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tanai it is very hard work, I hope it will be worth it.

      Delete
  6. good for you Marlene, I'm in awe. There's that saying that everyone has a book in them, well, that feeling completely bypassed me! I have no book in me, so I'm always impressed when anyone does, and puts one out there. I hope you reap the rewards for your hard work. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sadie I do hope it does well, we have had quite a few sales already so long may it continue x

      Delete