Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Time for a Spring Clean ?









If you want to save money you have to do something about it, most of us have financial goals, so instead of just dreaming of what you would like to do, you need to take action.


Keep a spending diary - you will be surprised just how much all those extras add up.

All those coffees out and shopping sprees all add up. See what you can do without, do you really need to buy those lovely shoes in the sale when you have a cupboard full of shoes? 

Look at all your bills and utilities, see if you can a better deal, it is not difficult to change suppliers. Don't pay more than you need to, spending a little time researching could save you hundreds.

Keep a rainy day fund for all those emergencies - we all have them , be prepared. If you are prepared you won't need to go and borrow/use credit. Even if you can't save much, you can still save any change, it adds up quickly.

Think about your pension, don't leave it until you are retired, you want to have a enjoyable retirement without thinking I should have put more in the pension pot but it's too late now.

Kick all your expensive habits.

Cook up some savings - go yellow sticker shopping, yes you might not want to go out of an evening searching for yellow stickers, but make an effort it can save you so much money, you can make savings of up to 75% sometimes.

Have a few meat free meals, or light meals a week like soup. Cheap and cheerful.



Stop worrying about what people think of you and just do it, some people might not like or agree with some of the things we do  to save. But do I care - NO.




If you want to make changes to your lifestyle then just do it, make an effort, it will pay off and you CAN and WILL reach your goals.

Stay positive and focused.

















22 comments:

  1. What great ideas and some helpful reminders of how to save wasting money.
    Thanks for all your inspiring posts.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your kind words Jacquie, we all need reminders sometimes xx

      Delete
  2. Some good advice there Marlene-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your book. I put it on my Kindle. You have so many clever ideas to help with budgets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Elizabeth, I am busy working on the next one.

      Delete
  4. I have just had a few words with the AA (not Alcoholics Anonymous but the Automobile Association!) Last year they all but doubled the annual subscription and I had words with them and it was reduced to within a few pounds (i.e. an acceptable amunt) to what it had been the previous year (when really, good customers who haven't called them out should, in my opinion, have a reduction to keep them sweet!) and this year they've tried it on again, doubling it yet again. So I have had words and we came to an agreement, just a few pounds more than last year again, but 10% of what it had been so well ahead of current inflation.
    I think they - and other such companies - just expect people will cough up regardless and some no doubt do, having so much money that an increase of £84 on the previous subscription isn't worth phoning up about. I said to them this morning that if this happened next year we would leave them, in other words, "three strikes and you're out!"
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so annoying when this happens, customer loyalty should have its rewards.

      Delete
  5. Wise words Marlene. It's always useful to get a reminder to keep on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules, we all need a nudge I think to keep us on track x

      Delete
  6. I find so much of what you say very inspiring, congratulations on your book, it will make a difference to a lot of people xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Cheryl I do hope it will help xx

      Delete
  7. Reading this has made my mind up about something! I purchased 2 pairs of sale boots a fortnight ago, they're still in the box as I was undecided ( I already have 4 pairs!) so I'm returning them. Thank you for the nudge I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, if you have 4 pairs at least you have a good choice. Well done you on your decision.

      Delete
  8. Good advice. I've already started keeping a diary of what I spend each week, it soon adds up. Now I'm looking for things which I could cut back on and save money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tania, that's what I love to hear.

      Delete
  9. We kept a spending diary last year for 3 month's, we are pretty good on not wasting money, but it was great to see where our coins went each day/week/month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to know where it all goes, I have a book on my desk as soon as I spend any money it all gets noted.

      Delete
  10. do I need more shoes when I have a cupboard full of them? Too right I do!
    Good tips Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you like your shoes don't you xx

      Delete
  11. Hello, there! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving such a sweet comment. It's truly a delight to be here on your blog and my, what a lovely blog it is! I shall enjoy scrolling through your posts :)

    You have gained a new follower and I look forward to visiting again. Hugs to you! Stephanie-The Enchanting Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Stephanie for your kind words, I am currently reading through your posts as well, your blog is beautiful. Best wishes Marlene x

      Delete