Saturday, 4 March 2017

March Challenge - Day 4




Today I did spend some money.


We had fish & chips for lunch, we fancied a treat, we hardly ever eat out , just have an odd take away when we fancy it. We found a lovely chippy and the prices are really very good. Our son had a small piece of cod & some curry sauce, my husband and myself shared a large piece of cod, and we all shared a portion of chips, you only need one portion as they are very generous. All of that only cost £7.35 which is very good indeed. I will not be adding this to my challenge as it is a treat.





Instead of baking today, I bought some hot cross buns and some mini rolls, the hot cross buns were 75p each or two for £1.00, I didn't want two but it was silly not to take advantage of that deal as we love a hot cross bun, the other pack has gone into the freezer, I also bought bread for 75p, I also spotted a cauliflower reduced although it was very fresh for 35p, I shall use it on Monday.




So the above items with the bread cost £3.35

March spend so far - £5.46


I also printed four soup coupons today, £1.00 off, they are on offer for £1.00 at Asda at the moment, making them completely free, I shall pick up another two when I am out for my walk tomorrow.



24 comments:

  1. We all need a little treat sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little treat is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, life would be a bit dull else wouldn't it.

      Delete
  3. Of course you need a treat every now and then! Gosh, that's a brilliant price at your local chippy! Here, it's £7.95 for just cod and chips for one! I don't know if it's because they are greedy, or if they are taking advantage of the tourists, but what makes it worse is on Trip Advisor they don't get very good reviews either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are expensive aren't they, this place is in what I call the non posh bit of Cheltenham, infact it is quite a rough area, we discovered the shop when we visited some charity shops,they really are so nice.

      Delete
  4. my bargain of the day happened by accident.I popped onto our local market about 2.30pm to buy some mugs and I could hear the man on the bread stall shouting "any two items for £1".It is a stall with artisan breads and I got two "ancient bread"s for £1.Normal price £1.60 each.I think I might be going again at this time on a Saturday because the bread is lovely.We have been buying it in a garden centre and then realised the same bakers had a weekly stall on our market.Result'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very good indeed, and so nice when you find a decent product. I love a market.

      Delete
  5. I can't resist fish & chips! We have them usually on a Saturday as I like to have a day off cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither I love a piece of cod, and we all deserve a day off cooking.

      Delete
  6. There's no harm in treating yourselves every once in a while. Those coupons are good, free soup! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower to your blog. Like the way you do the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself now and again. It makes you appreciate it more as well. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, if you eat takeouts regularly it isn't really a treat is it xx

      Delete
  9. Great bargains and such a yummy treat without feeling ripped off. Can I as how you print the Asda coupons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Jacquie, if you go on latestfeestuff.co.uk you will see about the coupon on there, there are three of us here and I have to emails that's why I could print for.

      Delete
    2. They are in Asda for £1.00 at the moment so free.

      Delete
    3. Jacquie it has disappeared from latest free stuff, it is on hot deals, or just type in covent garden soup £1 off coupon.

      Delete
    4. Thank you for the great info x

      Delete
  10. Brilliant result on the free soups. It all helps doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, we are having free soup tonight, hope you are well, xx

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.