Wednesday, 22 March 2017

March Challenge - Day 22



Tonight's meal was made from ingredients from the stores.




I put some pasta boiling, meanwhile I cooked a few of the chicken breasts I bought yesterday with some onion and garlic, added some grilled peppers from a jar, stirred in the tomato & chilli sauce and some fresh oregano. I put the cooked pasta in the bottom of the dish and then put the other cooked ingredients on top with some grated cheese and popped under the grill for a few minutes.


I have never put chicken in with pasta before, it was really very tasty. 



I am pleased to say there are now several spaces in the freezer and also the cupboard isn't looking so cluttered.


Today is a no spend day.

March spend so far £76.26

10 comments:

  1. That sounds really tasty. I too have never cooked chicken with pasta put am prepared to try anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting chicken with pasta certainly makes the pasta more 'interesting' and 'stretches' a small amount of chicken. I love dishes like this, I do something similar with chicken and leak and pasta and a cheese sauce.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious Marlene. I'm feeling hungry now. Well done on the no spend day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice, I am not a huge pasta fan but really enjoyed this x

      Delete
  4. That looks awesome Marlene.
    I have chicken with pasta but usually do the chicken in a tomato sauce and serve the pasta on the side. I will have to try it as a bake-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shelia it was a simple meal but very tasty x

      Delete
  5. It looks delish, I often use chicken in a pasta bake. Tonight it will be guinea fowl in a coconut curry sauce, I adapt recipes to use what I have or make it up as I go. Like you I am beginning to see a little space here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Pam, your meal sounds tasty. It is nice to see a few spaces, I will have to make sure I don't fill them up again to quickly.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.