Tuesday, 21 March 2017

March Challenge - Day 21

Welcome to my new follower ElizaB63


Tonight's tea.


A pack of sausages from the freezer, I cooked some extra potato, carrots and peas last night, a tin of mixed beans from the cupboard and some onions, some stock, puree and fresh herbs made a nice slow cooker meal.











Served with some crusty bread.

I did have a few spends today. I went into Home Bargains for bird seed and spotted a stew pack reduced to 50p, I also picked up some chicken breasts from the freezer so I can make a stew.




I bought bread and milk in Asda and spotted some teas on the reduced shelf. 
PG Tips were 35p each and I picked up the last box of smart price tea for 13p, not sure if that was a good idea or not, we tend to stick to PG Tips, so I am not sure what it will be like, but at that price I will try it, it won't hurt for once. Spending less is the name of the game.



Today's spend - £5.72

Small baguette - 45p
Milk - 95p
Chicken - £2.99
Vegetables  - 50p
Teas - 83p



March spend so far £76.26




10 comments:

  1. That looks hearty. I made a stew for the first time in ages yesterday and enjoyed it so much, cheap and cheerful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, they are so tasty and cheap.

      Delete
  2. Delicious and cheap. The perfect meal. A good deal on the tea. Do please let us know what the smart price one is like. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try one tomorrow and post the verdict, x

      Delete
  3. I love stews like that served with crusty bread....real comfort food-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cold today, so it was perfect, x

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you got a good deal on the tea bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used the smart price teabags for ages and we drink tea black and sugarless.I needed teabags last week but smart price had been removed from the shelves; there wasn't even a space for them. They are possibly yet another smart price item that has been discontinued in order to force shoppers into buying a more expensive alternative ☹ .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try them today Scarlet, I am sure we won't mind them, I did actually notice some for 30p these weren't in a box just in a foil bag on the bottom shelf, I will take a closer look next time and let you know. But yes you are right they are doing this a lot lately to force us all to spend more x

    ReplyDelete