Friday, 17 March 2017

March Challenge - Day 17



Welcome to my new followers Maggie & Shirley.


Well today is a no spend day.

March spend so far - £65.35


Lunch for me was half a 10p can of soup with some bread and marmite.


I just love meals which cost pennies.



Looking forward to not cooking tonight, our lovely son has offered to treat us all to pizza, he has been busy working long hours this week at the racecourse, so we kindly accepted this generous offer.

I have been spoilt since we moved here with the abundance of shops and bargains available and I have accumulated quite a stock pile. My March challenge is still going pretty well I think, but this year has to be the year of less spending, so I will be running doing the stockpile, using it all up (yes I mean it). When I need something I will only take just enough money with me so I don't get tempted when I see a bargain.
I will be carry on working through the cupboards and freezer, however I will have to buy fresh fruit, veg and salad, and a few other bits of fresh produce as and when needed, that is one think we don't go without.

I am going to turf out the cupboards and just make a mental note of what we have.

So from one cupboard today.









Plenty of toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner.
The bubble baths are for the hand soap dispensers.
Shaving foam bought for 50p, it is ladies but my husband is happy to use it, we also have cotton wool, cotton buds, razors. Only a few deodorants left, I buy them from poundland when we go in town.


So we won't be buying anymore of the above for quite some time.

Another cupboard will be tidied and checked tomorrow.






24 comments:

  1. Yep, I think you are definitely OK for toiletries for a day or two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I agree, we won't be smelly that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. We had pizza this evening. It made a nice change. What a good idea to use bubble bath in the soap dispenser. I think I will try that when ours run out. It's good to keep a check on the cupboards. I often forget what I already have. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mine need a serious clear out and the time has come, xx

      Delete
  3. You do have quite a stockpile...but then you won't need to buy any for a while. I should really check what is
    in my cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your challenge is going well. Enjoy the pizza.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is some stash. I am always amazed just how much we spend on toiletries over a year even though I try to keep it down to the basics and keep just one spare of each in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will do the same once I have got through this lot.

      Delete
  6. I love keeping my toiletry storage stocked up....no smelly people here either....lol-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an everyday essential so good to stock up on x

      Delete
  7. I bought four bottles of shower gel on clearance from Wilko, completely forgetting that I got a box full of shower gel at Christmas. I don't think I'll need to buy shower gel at all this year, although it is hard to resist a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to work my way through all my dried foods.... I have tons of all kinds of beans and other pulses. I just need to find loads of recipes that will use them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, yes it is nice to start afresh when moving to a new house.

      Delete
  9. Keeping a stockpile organised is an art-form in itself I find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bubble bath in hand soap dispensers is a great idea. I do the same here as Mum always gets given a mountain of toiletries at Christmas that she cannot use. It helps me save my L'Occitane Lavender liquid soap just for me as I'm allergic to so many things but not that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good little stash, there's no chance of not being well groomed for you two even if you are saving money :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes will keep us going for some time, and then there are the sets which we get given for gifts.

      Delete
    2. We received a shower gel each at Christmas, so that, added to what we had already should mean we won't buy shower gel for the rest of the year.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.