Thursday, 16 March 2017

March Challenge - Day 16



Welcome to my two new followers Karen & Jean.


Tonight's tea was easy, a pack of mince was taken from the freezer last night, and having a shelf full of different pasta's, it had to be pasta bolognese.





At the back of the fridge there was a tiny bit of tomato sauce in a jar which was used for pizza a week or so ago, it was fine so I used that along with a carton of pasata and some dried herbs.



I did however need to get some more onions, and I also got a few mushrooms.

Onions 74p
Mushrooms 52p






Today's spend - £1.26

March spend so far  - £65.35



Today has gone back to being quite cold, so it was a stay indoors day today for me. The new washing machine arrived before lunch, so I will be using it tomorrow.

After lunch I walked up to asda to get the onions and mushrooms and a magazine caught my eye.




I don't buy magazines anymore but the Edelweiss seeds caught my eye, they reminded me of our many holidays, the magazine was only £1.99 with two free packs of seeds which was very good. I know many gardeners are tempted by the free seeds on magazines.










10 comments:

  1. I wonder if that is a replacement for Gardeners World magazine, which seems to have disappeared. Funnily enough I have just got mince out of the freezer ready for Bolognese tomorrow! I'm using my frozen garden tomato sauce with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, this is the first time I have bought a gardening magazine.

      Delete
  2. Our bolognese turned out to be chicken casserole after it had thawed out from the freezer. We had it with the spaghetti anyway along with Parmesan cheese. It was good. Yours looks delish too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I have done that before pulled something out of the freezer and it was something else. xx

      Delete
  3. I love a Bolognese, it's a firm favourite in this house. Lily insists on spaghetti though! She won't entertain it if it's any other kind of pasta even though she struggles to eat it. I hope the machine works well for you tomorrow. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our boy is the opposite not keen on normal Spaghetti x

      Delete
  4. The pasta is looking yummy!!

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cold here today too Marlene....definitely a day for bolognese....yummy-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes just when you think it is warming up it turns cold again x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.