Thursday, 23 March 2017

Competitions


I have enjoyed trying to use up things from the cupboards and freezer and will continue to be careful on the grocery spend, but am no longer going to blog about it everyday as I am finding it quite tiresome.

Today I bought this.

2 x packs of four Activia yogurts -  55p pack
2 x packs of four bread rolls -22p pack
Cooked whole chicken - £1.54
Coleslaw - 17p
Milk -99p

Today's spend £4.24

March spend so far £80.50

We need fresh fruit, veg and salad now, so I will leave it until Sunday and see if I can get some yellow stickers.


So eight days left in March, I am not going to spend more than £20 in the next week, so it goes to show I will of managed and hopefully continue to manage at the £100 mark a month, which I think is pretty good going for three adults.





On to other things........



At the end of January I decided to concentrate on my hobby of entering competitions.

I am pleased to say I have had some wins.
These are the prizes I have won so far.



A razor


Cut and emboss folder for cardmaking.



Adhesive fabric sheets.



I was informed back in February about this win and it turned up today.

What a beauty.





The prize value is £265 - we are well chuffed, we are not using it here but have decided to keep it as we can probably make use of it in the future.

Finally I am receiving a code tomorrow from a company so I can order £50 worth of skincare products from their website.

 That's not it I am still waiting on a few things, but I will wait until I get them first before I tell you what they are.


So not bad at all so far, anyone else had any good wins lately?

18 comments:

  1. Wow, what good wins you have made. I wish I knew more about competitions, but probably wouldn't win anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to think positive thoughts.

      Delete
  2. fantastic Marlene! I'm hoping some of your good luck will rub off on me. I could do with a nice, juicy lottery win!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sadie, yes I could do with one of those as well, everything is crossed for some good wins for us both xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely stove, you've won some really nice things, well done. Where do you find these competitions? How many do you enter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, well I try and spend at least half and hour a day, sometimes it might be an hour, no set times really just as and when I can. If you just google online competitions you will see there are hundreds of them, hot deals uk and money saving expert are a good place to start.

      Delete
  4. I was happy for your craft wins, but a fire! Wow! That's a good win indeed. Is it a mains one or a Calor one?
    I was just told I have won a subscription to Selvedge Magazine {which I'm thrilled about} and two tickets to the Fashion Museum in Bath for their current exhibition!
    I confess, I was disappointed not to win a subscription to Uppercase magazine, but we can't win them all, can we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah it is just a calor gas bottle won which makes it appealing as it can be moved around. Well done on your wins, keep at it.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say, even a short, quick post every day becomes a tiresome chore ~ as I found out when I committed to writing my Advent calendar, trivia and Christmas facts in December! Never again, unless I write them up ahead of time in a spare moment and schedule them to auto publish! I was told by a couple of my followers that they don't like posts every day either as they cannot keep up with them.

      Delete
    3. Yes I agree, it has made blogging a chore Which it shouldn't be, so back to as an when I want to now.
      Have a good weekend, x

      Delete
  5. Well done to you! I've entered thousands of competitions and never won a thing! I've given up on it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with the blogging and food bill, it's been interesting to see. Wow, so many prizes, I love the gas fire, what an excellent prize, well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cheryl, I will do more food/thrifty posts sometime. Yes I was well chuffed with that prize xx

      Delete
  7. youre currently winning far more than me , but thats just the way it goes , currently awaiting a January prize that the promoters havent sent to anyone yet...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wish you good luck, I have found in the past they take ages to send things out.

      Delete
  8. Yes, it can get time sapping when you do a post every day can't it.

    Well done on your competition wins, if you keep up the momentum you will have quite a haul by the end of the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can Sue, and I don't want it to become a chore. Yes I hope I have more luck this year.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.