Sunday, 26 February 2017

Simple Baking on a Sunday



Hello and welcome to two new followers, Wendy and Sharon.


We try to avoid to many cakes and biscuits in the week but do enjoy a little something at the weekends, today whilst I was doing roast chicken for lunch I decided I would make madeleines.


Lemon madeleines

100g caster sugar
100g plain flour
2 eggs
75g unsalted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Juice & zest of half a lemon
Icing sugar for dusting

Mix eggs sugar and butter, (low speed) if you are using a mixer.
Blend in the flour baking powder, lemon and vanilla.
Cover with a towel and let the mixture sit for an hour.

After an hour give the mixture a gentle whisk and spoon into the moulds until three quarters full. Bake for 10 minutes at 190 c or equivalent .
Leave to cool and dust with icing sugar.


Perfect to go on this pretty plate which I bought from the charity shop yesterday for £1.95p



16 comments:

  1. they look so good. I love madeleines. Not going to make them, so now I need to track down some decent ones ready made! All your fault! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find some nice ones, I bought the mould in France last year and thought it was about time I used it, xx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful plate....I do love pretty cake plates.
    I didn't have to bake today as I made a Victoria sponge the other day and there was plenty left. It turned out a lot nicer than I expected it to as I had no raspberry jam and had to use blackcurrant. Different but very nice-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds nice I love blackcurrant jam xx

      Delete
  3. They look amazing, I was also impressed with the lovely cake plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely way to spend Sunday, making Madeleines, and then presenting them on such a lovely cake stand!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Margaret, I find it hard to resist pretty china.

      Delete
  5. What a delightful biscuit plate - perfect for afternoon or morning teas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, being thrifty means I can afford a few things from the charity shops.

      Delete
  6. I haven't made French Madeleines for many years, I used to make English ones as well and brush with jam and then roll in coconut. I must have the moulds somewhere, I need to search them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that idea Pam I will try them next time.

      Delete
  7. Your madeleines look great, especially on your bargain cake plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou the first time I have made them but definitely not the last.

      Delete
  8. They look so pretty presented on your lovely cake plate. I bet they tasted delicious too. X

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.