Monday, 9 January 2017

Essentials



I am constantly trying to pay as little has possible on the everyday essentials whilst still maintaining the quality. 

I was reading on Sammie's blog about laundry detergent  http://sammieskint.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/saving-money-with-laundry.html

So when I was in Poundland I thought I found the same product but it was actually different. 





I only use Non Bio and always have done, and it is usually one of the well know brands, and also I don't like strong fragrances. But still for £1 I thought why not give it a go.

So I tried the Aroma Therapy one this morning, I couldn't really smell the fragrance much to be honest, but I have to say it cleaned/performed just as good as my other products.

So up to 28 washes for £1.00 and absolute bargain. So I shall be stocking up on these next time we are near Poundland, and also I will go to Tesco and try some of the ones Sammie recommended.

Also in Poundland I bought two of these. Only 50p each.



I also had to buy toilet rolls, I buy these from Home Bargains.

18 rolls for £3.99



I have just had a look on the net and see you can buy 18 rolls cheaper, but these are 3 ply and are good quality, and I have been buying these for a while now, so I am sticking with this brand as I know it is good.

That was £6.99 well spent.

So that is another £6.99 added to the January budget. 
Total spend so far. £28.81

27 comments:

  1. Gosh, it seems I do pay quite a price for living in the 'wilds of west Wales', mind, I could not even think about using a washing powder or liquid that has one iota of fragrance in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we all have different tastes. I would love to be in the wilds of west Wales.

      Delete
    2. aha! I can see where I wasn't clear ~ it's not about preferences, even the merest hint of fragrance in any laundry products sends me into a mad frenzy of itching and off to the Dr's for antihistamine!

      Delete
    3. Same here Deborah thats why we have non bio and we have the same problem with sneezing so I am with you, I couldn't smell any fragrance really so it was ok.

      Delete
  2. I will have a look out for those in Poundland, at that price it's worth a try. I need to go in for some Zoflora anyway. We also use that loo roll, it's very good value for the quality.
    Your budget is going well Marlene. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules, I have just discovered Zoflora, perphaps I will do a post about it. The loo roll is very good. Yes I can't believe how well it is going but I guess there will come a time when the stores will get low, I will have to see how I cope then xx

      Delete
    2. The laundry gel sounds like a real bargain. We always used Morning Fresh washing up liquid when I was little. I bet my mum still does.

      Delete
    3. I have used it before and it works fine, I use the dish washer so don't use a lot of this.

      Delete
  3. That's brilliant value for money and if it works what's not to like, I may have to give that a go too. I stopped buying brands unless its a fantastic deal of some description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some nifty shopping there, I think i'll try to find that washing liquid, £1 is extremely competitive especially if it's doing a good job xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we don't work are clothes are never "really dirty" if you know what I mean and it worked well xx

      Delete
  5. I use the same loo roll and haven't found anything as good for the price. I will give the washing liquid a go when next I am near a Poundland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is good isn't it. I am not sure how long the washing up liquid will be 50p for though, don't know if they were just clearing it as it was right inside the door with other sale items.

      Delete
  6. I save on most things but not loo rolls. I get good ones and use less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we all have things we don't compromise on.

      Delete
    2. I use these as well, and I would never pay now for the so called good ones - These are thick and soft and they are only going to flush down the loo - I would hate to spend more and use less! I dont waste it now! I can think of better ways to use my time than carefully folding my toilet roll so I use every bit so I can pay for a brand name!

      Delete
    3. They do the job don't they Deb, silly to pay more, have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  7. I meant to say on this post's comments that I thought your loo rolls were your best bargain, but I've added it to your Cardiff post - silly me!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Margaret, they were and they are nice nothing worse than poor quality loo rolls.

      Delete
  8. good bargains as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I buy those look rolls when I can but don't have a Home Bargains near us. I'm looking for cheaper versions of brands too so might give the cheap liquid a go Marlene. Thank you for testing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky I have one a few mins walk, right near Asda.I was pleasantly surprised with the laundry gel, xx

      Delete
  10. I found the washing liquid in Savers if you have one nearby. They were a 20% extra free version too.
    x

    ReplyDelete