Sunday, 15 January 2017

Come yellow sticker shopping with me.





Sunday is the best day for yellow sticker shopping here.

I don't always feel like doing it but it is certainly worth the effort.

Even though there were reductions around they kept being marked down further.

We had to just keep constantly going from one area to another, and there was a lot of hanging around today, but it was worth it.

We did very well today.


Take a look.....




                                             















Chipolata's  - 2 packs - 35p per pack
Beefburgers - 65p
Oranges - 9p
Mixed Peppers - 2 bags - 9p per bag
Sweet Peppers - 9p
Braeburn Apples - 9p
Mushrooms  - 9p
Creme Brulee pack of 2 - 59p per pack
Muffins 15p
Key Lime Pies - 35p
Clementines - 9p
Apricots - 9p
Garlic - 9p
Beetroot - 9p
Wholemeal Bread - 2 loaves - 19p each
Pizza x 4 - 25p each
Veggie Rolls - 29p
Chillies - 9p
Cottage Cheese - 9p
Shallots - 9p
Limes - 9p
Quorn Peppered beef slices - 2 packs - 9p per pack
2 x cartons of smoothies - 19p each
8 x Apricot fruit fools - 5p each
3 x Muller Yogurts - 9p each
4 x pots of Apples, Grapes and Cheese - 9p each
Coconut Water - 9p
Basil - 9p
3 x bunches of flowers - total 53p
Jasmine plant - 65p
5 x Bromeliad plants - 15p each





I am not including the plants and flowers on the grocery challenge.
So new total including todays spend is now £63.62.

Next week I will need milk and some dishwasher tablets and that will be it until next Sunday.


26 comments:

  1. Wow.....just wow....that is a massive saving-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, that's amazing! We must try and get ourselves organised so we can go at the right times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing bargains Marlene! Very well done! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if all supermarkets do this on Sundays. What amazing reductions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do everyday but I have found Sundays are the best day around here.

      Delete
  5. Those are amazing prices, well done, Marlene! But what do you use coconut water for? To drink or mix with something else in cooking? Never had it myself.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Coconut water is just a drink Jack wanted to try, it is usually very expensive but to try at the price and you don't like it and have to throw it away it doesn't hurt.

      Delete
    2. Did Jack like it? I hope he didn't like it too much otherwise he'll want it whether it's expensive or not in the future, ha ha! I'v e never tried it either.
      Margaret P

      Delete
    3. He will try it later he says, it is usually £2.50, he knows I wouldn't pay that, he is really into being thrifty which is a good thing, he has a good teacher.

      Delete
  6. How amazing, just shown hubby so he can feel inspired xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cheryl, you have to stick at it sometimes are better than others but tell him to keep at it xx

      Delete
  7. Oh i bloody love it :D loved the video, we should all do a vlog now and then, i really enjoyed watching that,
    a m a z i n g bargains
    sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sammie, just thought it would be nice to show it rather than just talk about it, my son made the video xx

      Delete
  8. You certainly took us on an amazing tour of the supermarket, the yellow stickers were amazing. Well done, such great savings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou that was one of the better days.

      Delete
  9. Just picking myself up off the floor here! Wowser! Even if you didn't keep the plants or the creme brulees the pots and dishes are worth their prices {I use the brulee dishes for mixing paints} We would *never* find those sorts of bargains at the local CK's and I've never seen quite that level of reductions in H'west either, but it could be different now as I can't get in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely the plants will give me pleasure even if they don't last as you say it is more than worth it for some ceramic pots, the ramekins I always keep, ideal for making my own mini desserts they are handy for all sorts as you say including painting.

      Delete
  10. I love your video, fantastic bargains too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I thought it would be a nice change to do a video.

      Delete
  11. Blimy good haul and bargain on the coconut water which I buy regularly as I love it. I think we need to change our shopping day lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried coconut water, Jack fancied trying it, I might have a glass myself. I have tried different days, but Sunday always is best for me.

      Delete
  12. I just managed to watch the whole video as I had to come onto the PC to see it properly. It is A>M>A>Z>I>N>G!! I can't seem to time it right around here to get such a quantity of good items at such a low price. I really will crack it one day :) Thanks so much for sharing the vid Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angie, it is hard work I have tried going up in the afternoons in the week and also later on in the evenings, but I seem to be luckier on a Sunday, and it helps if I have a bit of help like this week then we can split up, because we are not the only ones there are other regular bargain hunters as well, so you have to be quick xxx

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.