Sunday, 8 January 2017

Cardiff



Hello and welcome to my new follower Sugar Ellis.



Today we had our first day out of the year.

We went to Cardiff.

It only took us one hour and 15 minutes to get there from home.

We spent a while walking around the bay , and then looked in the National Assembly for Wales.



Wales Millenium Centre

Water Sculpture










The National Assembly for Wales


Then an hour or so around the shopping centre before lunch.

Couldn't believe the prices in the HighGrove shop, the sale prices were crazy, couldn't afford to go in there.




This American Diner looked fun.




Myself and Jack had some Pizza Hut vouchers (from survey sites) and he also gets Students discount. So it was Pizza for lunch.




After that it was a special preview of Sherlock which was shown at 9.pm this evening, we watched it at 3 pm followed by a Q & A session with writers, producers and stars.



It was really good, a really nice day.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day out, it is a place that I have never been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been to Cardiff several times now.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great day out. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I felt really nostalgic reading this post. My ex husband and children's dad came from Cardiff and we spent many years travelling there to visit grandparents. My kids adore the place. This is over 30 years ago lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely Wendy, we have been there several times over the year, absolutely love Wales.

      Delete
  4. Cardiff is a beautiful city, I won tickets to the rugby through work several years ago. Watching the rugby at the millennium stadium with the Welsh men's choir opening the game is something I will always remember. There's an area my friend and I liked called Roath ,lots of charity shops and a bit quirky if I remember correctly 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful, that was very memorable for you, Roath sounds just up my street.

      Delete
  5. Haven't been to Cardiff in such a long time now, but always enjoyed the National Museum venues best of all. Handy for you now it is 'just across The Bridge"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we will go back again sometime, it is a lovely place to visit.

      Delete
  6. what a fabulous place, thank you for taking time to share the photos.

    You've just reminded me of something, but I suspect you will know this already. Are you registered with Show Film First? If you don't know it, it's somewhere you can register and get to watch new films at the cinema for free. Before Violet came along we'd often use the free tickets, it was such a treat. http://www.showfilmfirst.com/about-us/

    stay warm this week too, though I suspect we won't get any snow. We never do here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou Sadie, and thankyou so much I shall look into that, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely outing, Marlene, a great day for you all!
    But on the bargain front, surely those loo rolls were the best bargain ever!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was I always feel refreshed after a day out.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.