Sunday, 13 November 2016

Yellow Sticker Shopping


Welcome to my new follower Brenda.


Another price rise I spotted this week was that  milk has gone up, a few pennies here and there all add up.


Today I did a my usual  yellow sticker shop.

I picked up a few regular priced items, my total shop came to £18.33.

All these yellow stickers came to £13.76.








 1kg of mince £1.45, bargain!











I had a voucher for some free biscuits as well, this was because it was my birthday this week.



Also from Asda this week I had some coupons for £1.00 off soup, and they were on offer for £1.00 so all these were free.


One pack of the mince has been divided into two and put in the freezer and I have also divided the big pack of sausages into three lots and that has also gone in the freezer.


Tonight we had one of the Steak Pies for tea and Jack is using the Panettone later to make a pudding which we will have with the clotted cream. We always have a treat at the weekend.

I will be making Chilli with the mince.

So the first meals of next week  will be Jacket Potato, Chilli and Salad.
Chilli and Rice.
Sausages, Mash, Cauliflower.
Soup



We have plenty in the cupboards as we don't seem to be using that much as the fresh shopping once a week keeps us going.



Next year I am definitely up for a challenge and it's going to be a hard one, but I am confident I can do it.

Anyone got any challenges lined up for the new year?

27 comments:

  1. I am determined to cut my food spending by at least 1/3 and personal spending by 2/3 - I need to get some extra savings socked away and to pay off some debt so outgoings have to be reduced. I'm currently using up both freezer and pantry items before some are expired or develop freezer burn - don't want anything to go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing bargains but what will you do with three cauliflowers? Set up a soup kitchen, har, har. Only joking, cream of cauliflower soup is lovely even if it does make the house pong while you're making it!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep veg down in the shed now it's cooler,that way it lasts.

      Delete
    2. When I've put veggies in the garden shed I've simply forgotten the blighters! You are more organized than me!
      Margaret P

      Delete
  3. Some amazing bargains there. Not so long ago I could get decent discounts like that but even the yellow sticker prices seem to be higher lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I only get the best bargains on a Sunday.

      Delete
  4. Impressive haul, cauliflower cheese is tasty and freezes well. I plan to be a little more savvy with the coupons next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Cauliflower cheese is lovely,yrs I think we all need to be more savvy with the way things are going.

      Delete
  5. I noticed the price of milk has gone up too. I don't always check the price on the shelf as it's something we need anyway so I was quite surprised. I would like to get our food bill down next year. I try to meal plan which helps but I'm sure there are more savings to be had. Unfortunately not many yellow stickers around here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame about the yellow stickers, I am going to try and do more meat free meals as well. X

      Delete
  6. I'm just curious. Have you ever had a bad bargain that you could not use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is always fresh enough, excess goes in the freezer, it's all potluck on the day, sometimes I come home with very little.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. That's a cracking haul. Both of the meals I've done this weekend have been with yellow stickered meat. You're a girl after my own heart!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mushroom and kale soup looks yum . Quite the impressive haul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the yellow stickers. I did mine yesterday and didn't do to badly. Sunday is definitely the best day for yellow stickers isn't it :) I have 2 coupons for the covent garden soup myself so will grab them next time I am near an Asda are there any flavors you would recommend ? Much Love Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, to be honest I don't mind any off them, nice to get a freebie xx

      Delete
  10. Well done Marlene. The challenge will be great to follow and I know you'll make it a success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tania, it just has to be done.

      Delete
  11. That's an impressive haul for under £20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I shall be concentrating on bringing it down even more in the new year.

      Delete