Monday, 7 November 2016

How was your day ?



Welcome to my two new followers Helen & Lyn, wow I am getting near 100 now, that's amazing.


So my day...

I have no set routines I just do what ever I fancy depending how I feel, I just go with the flow.


After another sleepless night got up at 7.15.



Very cold, heating on.



Preparing the breakfast for John & Myself.




We always have breakfast in bed, and a nice little natter .


A little read for me whilst John is having a shower.
I like it when he goes first warms the bathroom up for me.



My turn in the bathroom all done and dusted , ready for the day.



Bed made.



A look in the washing basket...


Not much washing so that will have to wait for another day, I only run the machine when it is full.



Next job take any rubbish or recycling out.

Wipe around the kitchen surfaces and give the floor a sweep.






Then it's coat and boots on ready to go out.



Off to the hospital for a follow up appointment - (don't worry all is well).





 Then off to the garage to book the car in for the end of the week. It has been recalled some problems with wiring.




Back home , missed elevenses .

But still in need of a coffee and biscuit.



Next meal prep for this evening sorted.

Dishwasher on.

Time to give the kitchen floor a steam clean.



Off to the office now sort out some things for posting.




Check the email.




Back to the kitchen to unload the dishwasher.

Then time for a spot of lunch , I don't always have lunch but today I was hungry so I had a small bowl of homemade Pumpkin Soup.





Next job clean the bathroom.



Then Jack had to go up Uni for a short while, so I popped to the post office, then up to Asda. I am still fuming from my visit, the lady at the till was arguing about the price of something and she just wouldn't have it , I was right she was wrong, so I had a little moan to management on the way out, and they couldn't care less, I am really getting fed up with Asda lately always problems when I go there.

So time to get hold of customer service online and let them know what I think of them.

Next job an hour on the computer checking survey sites, coupon sites and freebie sites, this is something I do daily.


Then a clean in the office, (well that's what I call it), the room with the computer and printer in. Cupboards and drawers sorted , everything cleaned and dusted.
















After all that it is time to go and sort the tea out.




Then I shall be putting my feet up and relaxing.

Sometimes I feel I have been on the go all day but not done that much.
So how was your day ? Have you had a busy one ?

33 comments:

  1. That was a non stop day! Supermarket checkout people can be so difficult, and I firmly believe that one should let management know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely they are not giving very good customer service sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I like your day in pictures. Gosh your office is neat, please come and sort ours out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to pop over to Wales, our landlord here is building in Wales and is giving us first refusal when we finish here so who knows could be where we put our roots down.

      Delete
  3. Wow, a busy day indeed. You put us to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading about your busy day, it's just our kind of day and perhaps hundreds of thousands of others, busy all the time, but not spending too much time on any one task. My goodness, your office is really neat - here it is crammed with books, but it's more study than office. We often have breakfast in bed, too, it's a lovely way to start the day! Glad all was well at the hospital.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, I have had a big book cull, but that is only a few left in here I have more in the spare room. It didn't look like that this morning, I was fed up with it so a good tidy, clean and declutter was in order.
      Love breakfast in bed, so nice not to have to rush of to work. Hospital was just a routine after a little procedure last month, so all is fine .

      Delete
  5. What a very civilised way to start the day, breakfast in bed wow. It's surprising how many jobs you get done in a day when you're in the mood. I've been dashing around all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on try it, it is a lovely way to start the day. So you have had a busy one as well, not sure what tomorrow will bring shall have to wait and see.

      Delete
  6. I've had a lovely day out today in Bakewell. Hubby took a days holiday so off we went. Picked up a couple of Xmas presents. Had lunch out. Found a really good charity shop bargain. Now home again in PJs with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely day, I am going to snuggle up on the sofa now.

      Delete
  7. Love looking at other people's day. Go with the flow I say.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had breakfast in bed except when in hospital! just not my thing, would be sure to drop toast crumbs in the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we both worked we just use to have it in bed at the weekends.

      Delete
    2. Oh Sue, you don't know what you've been missing! Having breakfast in bed is gorgeous, cosy and warm, tea or coffee to hand ... in the week we tend to have a brioche (warmed) with apricot jam, and then at the weekend, bacon & tomatoes on toast. You have to be careful about crumbs, but it's not insuperable, or perhaps have a napkin to shield the duvet. Go on, try it! Besides, I love being in our bedroom early morning, either with the sun pouring in as it was yesterday, or today when it's dull and the blinds and curtains are tightly closed and the lamps are on.
      Margaret P

      Delete
  9. Sometimes I think there will never be a half empty washer in this house , yesterday after a week of the builders in I did 17 loads then had to take it to dry at the laundrette...but I'm sure I will miss them all when they're gone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey girl you deserve to put your feet up.

      Delete
  10. What a busy day. I expect you realise you've achieved more than you first thought when you wrote it all down. I could never have breakfast in bed, I'm far too messy. There would be crumbs or cereal everywhere! Your house looks lovely and tidy. I'm glad all was ok at the hospital. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy day, it does sound like you've barely stopped all day. Hope you enjoy your relaxing evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been a busy bee today time for you to sit and relax and well earned to by the looks of it. I need to write an email to Tesco online it said 2 packs of Huggies pull ups for £5 but in my local little Tesco they rung up at £5.51 a pack and they refused to honor the online price saying that was only in the big stores. Huh surely all Tesco stores should be charging the same prices right ? regardless of the size of the store. Customer service is getting shocking everywhere you go nowadays. Hope you get a satisfactory response from ASDA. Enjoy your rest xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria I will. You certainly need to keep an eye on them don't you, xx

      Delete
  13. I've had a busy day today too. Was grateful that I made the curry for tonight's supper yesterday in the slow cooker so that I didn't have to cook.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice when you don't have to think about the tea isn't it, I love the good old slow cooker, x

      Delete
  14. It sounds like you had a busy day. My day was delightful - an afternoon of sewing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice, I know you like crafts, xx

      Delete
  15. sorry you had another sleepless night ~ I know you don't like them, but have you tried bed socks yet? I am really benefiting from my new found nights of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah I did and they didn't work for me, I was so shattered yesterday it was a miracle I slept for around 6 hours solid last night.

      Delete
  16. Gosh, Marlene, you fit so much into your day! I do hope the hospital appointment went well. Sorry to hear you still have nights of not sleeping. They are awful, aren't they. I've been sleeping better since refusing to watch the 10 o'clock news before bed. There's always so much on there to unsettle me so I won't watch it. I slept soundly last night too, despite the thought of Donald Trump!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, Donald Trump is the stuff of nightmares isn't he. x

      Delete