Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Bit of a random post



Hello and welcome to my new follower Ailsa.


Another month bites the dust.

It certainly feels like November now, it is cold & grey, I feel quite miserable, I think the winter blues are setting in. 

This is the view from our drive.




The washing is now taking all day to dry, and then not completely.




Can't believe it is November and the Summer Flowers are still going.










The Bulb planting is nearly finished.

Still need to get some more Autumn/Winter plants in, I have made a start.











The heating is going on in the mornings now and today I was cold so I put it on for half an hour, warmer jumpers and socks have come out. 
My husband keeps going on about having an electric blanket , but as I am suffering from night sweats really badly I will not be agreeing to it, instead I have bought a couple of hot water bottles.







 A lovely Beef Stew is simmering away in the slow cooker.


This will be followed by some more lovely Pumpkin Pie with  Ginger  Whipped Cream.

Jack made this last night and it was lovely.



I have just returned from Asda , all the Halloween things and sweeties are all reduced.
A couple of these fell into the trolley.




The Christmas decorations have appeared.





I do like a few new decorations every year, I picked up a big bag from the car boot sale which had 4 sets of lights in and a few other nice bits for £1.00. The things which I didn't want went to the Charity Shops.

I picked up a few things in Home Bargains last week. 






I will just pick up a few odd bits every week but saying that I might hang on as there are always so many on Freecycle.


I have found a few nice things at the Car boot sale and Charity shops this week.

Really pleased with these for £1.00





£1.25 for three Royal Doulton Plates.



A new long necklace £2.50



A new boxed hanging crystal £2.00



My hanging crystals.



Meet my new friend
Terry the Tortoise, he is very life like.

Saw him on the table for £1.00 so thought I would give him a good home. He's took a liking to the Lupins already.






Some more Violet China for my collection.

£1.00 each.






So that's it for now folks, I will try and shake off these winter blues and hopefully my blogging mojo will return, I have a birthday coming up on the 10th so I am sure we will do something nice for the day . 

So keep well and warm x






28 comments:

  1. It's so lovely to see a post from you, Marlene. What wonderful colour your garden is still holding on to. I am a little envious. The slow cooker is on here too. We're having chicken casserole this evening and while we've been out for a walk it has worked its magic. I'll just make some dumplings in a bit. Enjoy your sweets. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules for your kind words, chicken casserole sounds good to me, nothing nicer when you have been out in the cold and its bubbling away. xx

      Delete
  2. What a lot of gorgeous colour in your garden! Mine is mostly a Spring garden so not much colour at all now...will have to rectify that next year. I love the violets china.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sooze, I like a bit of colour all year round, the Voilet's china is a bit sparce but my collection is building slowly.

      Delete
  3. I think we are all clutching at the last bits of colour from the summer.I did a post yesterday showing some colour still left in our garden.This afternoon we have been to Ness Gardens on the Wirral and it was amazing how much colour there is left.Hopefully, I will post some photos tonight.I have also been feeling a bit glum but a surprise gift of flowers through Interflora cheered me up no end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers do help cheer us up it is true.

      Delete
  4. I quite like the onset of autumn with all its glorious colours and the thought of snuggling down before the fire with my knitting. However, I do know what you mean about the washing :( tumble dryer here we come....
    Your CS and other bargains are lovely! Love the crystals and the gorgeous violet China. Do plan something lovely for your birthday too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I enjoy snuggling down , I have a dryer sometimes it has to be used, nothing worse than wet towels hanging around.
      I am pleased with my finds and they never cost much. I am sure the men will take me out somewhere for my birthday, xx

      Delete
  5. We have had such a mild October that it was a bit of a shock now that the temperatures are starting to drop. Your garden is still looking lovely mine has no colour left at all now, we need to invest in some all year round colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shock to the system. I have lots of bare patches in the garden, I shall pick up a few more plants cheaply from the car boot.

      Delete
  6. There were still kids out Trick or Treating when I walked into Asda at 8pm last night. All the costumes were reduced and all other Halloween paraphenalia was being ripped off the shelves with one hand and being replaced by Christmas decs with the other.
    Love all your bargains as usual-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be the same when Christmas has finished, the Easter eggs will then appear x

      Delete
  7. Love the violet ceramics, I have a tea service with a violets design ... very pretty.
    What is it that Jack made? I can't work out whether it's a sweet or savoury dish or a pie or a cake, but whatever it is, I'm sure it tasted good!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely, my love for Violets started when I was a child I was obsessed with the bottles of green looking perfumes. Also when I was a child I had a little dog and we use to go out walking and I use to pick Primroses & Violets, I just love how they are so small and beautiful and of course they are my favourite colour.
      Jack made a sweet pumpkin pie for Halloween, it has a ginger crunch base, none of us have ever eaten Pumpkin Pie before it was different, but it was very nice, we shall have some more later this evening with a nice cup of tea.
      Would love to see your Violet china on your blog Margaret.

      Delete
  8. You have been busy Marlene. The china and flower photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tortoise!

    I suffer with night sweats too! We have a summer weight duvet with a quilt on top, if I get too warm I chuck the quilt off and my husband stays warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your drive looks like you live in a park! It's lovely.
    I'm very partial to pumpkin pie, but as the only one in the cottage who likes it I seldom make it these days.
    Agree, I was only thinking yesterday that the laundry isn't drying one jot out there now. Oh, well, winter is upon us then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does the road is lined with horse chestnut trees. Jack's pie was lovely, just had some more.

      Delete
  11. Oooh I like all of your bargains from this week and I love that your Christmas decs have made an appearance x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and thankyou for popping by x

      Delete
  12. I love your random post. And I love to see Christmas bits in the shops! I woke up this morning thinking how cold it felt, then realised I'd left a window open a smidge too much overnight. Need to stop doing that, the heating is coming on now so I don't want to waste it.

    I do love violet china. But then I love all things violet! ;o) Hope your blogging mojo comes back good and strong again, and that you don't suffer from the Winter Morbs too much! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sadie, I love the name Violet, if i have had a girl it could have been Violet Rose.
      I will try and snap out of it, bit better today, then I did get a bit of sleep last night, and that all helps. xx

      Delete
  13. It's amazing how much colour there is still in the garden, I''ve even spotted chives in flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pretty china and especially that beautiful gravy boat (or is it a cream jug?) I collect odd china tea plates with pretty patterns on, usually flowers of some sort. It makes a piece of cake or a few biscuits all the more interesting!
    I still have a window open in my bedroom, the radiator is turned off and the duvet is a summer 4.5 Tog one - and still I get too hot! Hot stuff, me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rambler it is a little cream jug, yes I am a sucker for a few bits of pretty China, as you say it makes tea time a bit more interesting, another ladie who is hot stuff then x

      Delete