Thursday, 6 October 2016



Welcome to my new follower G.Hudson.

Yesterday it was very nippy here and is mean't to be getting even colder next week, have you lit the fire or put the heating on yet? Well we haven't yet but I don't think it will be long, in the evenings whilst on the sofa I just use a throw to keep snug. I am all for saving money but I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis, I haven't had it for years but it has flaring up big time the last few weeks, so when I feel the need the heating will have to go on just for an hour in the morning and evening to start.


So as you know I am always looking to save more, yesterday whilst doing my daily internet routine I came across this offer...

https://www.buysubscriptions.com/print/radio-times-magazine-subscription?awc=1866_1475821421_83308a6b961cbfbde98a06079b0feee1

I currently buy a TV magazine which is the cheapest one for 52p.

So I took up this offer for 12 issues of the Radio times for £1

You can pick a date when you want it to start from , I chose the  first date which  was 18th Oct, this means I will get the Christmas issue as well.

It is by Direct Debit but just remember to cancel it, I have done these sort of offers in the past and never had any problems cancelling.

The Maths -so the usual magazine would cost £6.24 for 12 issues- Radio Times £1.00 for 12 issues   - a saving of  £5.24  over 12 weeks.

Any savings we make all goes into the pot, pennies soon turn into pounds.





And we need a very fat piggy....















12 comments:

  1. That's a good deal. I do like a copy of the Radio Times at Christmas. It's as traditional in this house as a tin of chocolates. It is definitely getting a bit cooler now but with all this sunny weather we've been having it has warmed up the house and I haven't needed to put on the heating just yet. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Radio Times is traditional at Christmas, I am quite cold now won't be long before we flick that switch x

      Delete
  2. long way from heating on yet i'm afraid , need to save another £100 towards the minimum delivery . We usually get there by xmas , because the kids start to turn blue and decide to make a contribution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate are you or your husband entitled to the winter fuel allowance x

      Delete
  3. Same where we are - chilly and damp - but so far have not had heating on at all. We have no separate working fires either so we're doing well. Electric blanket is on though! (P.s I love your fairy lights on I/Gram).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to follow you on I/Gram x

      Delete
  4. Oh, we've lit the fire of an evening for a few weeks now. I think we're allowed since our weather has been foul to say the least. I don't like the house to feel cold and damp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't be long now for us I have just topped up the gas x

      Delete
  5. Temperatures are definitely dropping, we have started to light the stove but haven't put the the whole system on yet. Bargain with the TV Times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today they have definitely dipped, just put the winter quilt on .

      Delete
  6. Our heating thermostat is set on 12 degrees but it's begun to click on in a morning so I know it's getting colder. We've been leaving it on for half an hour until we are up and dressed which just takes the chill off the air. During the evening I sit with a throw on my legs when watching the TV, so cosy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling it in the mornings, I get dressed really quickly, I also use a throw in the evenings x

      Delete