Saturday, 1 October 2016


Today has been cold & wet, a perfect day for some homemade soup.

Roasted Butternut Squash.

2 Squash
2 Onions
4 Cloves Garlic
1200 ml Vegetable Stock
Sprigs of Thyme
Seasoning

This makes enough for around six good servings, I always make a little extra so there is some for another day.

Chop the squash up into chunks , chop the onions and peel the garlic add a few sprigs of Thyme.

Drizzle Generously with Olive Oil.

Roast at 200 c for around 30 mins or until softened, turning the veg half way through.




Place in a large pan add  hot Vegetable Stock and blend.
Season well and warm through again.



Served with some tasty cheese scones.


Simple tasty food.






18 comments:

  1. Oh yummy !
    One of my favourite soups. I love the look of your cheese scones. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love butternut squash in any form I had to try not to eat it when it came out of the oven.

      Delete
  2. Simple food..........the best there is.
    I love soup and cheese scones-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's what I made a potful of yesterday! It's that time of year again when hearty, wholesome and nutritious soups are back on the menu. I didn't roast my veg, as I'm trying to cut down on fat calories, but I did add a couple of {lurking} apples to mine and some chili and ginger. It's good, basic soup to chop and change around, don't you find? Love the idea of cheese scones! More tasty than bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is , I have plenty of Chilli's in the freezer so I might add some next time, the scones were a nice change. x

      Delete
  4. Oooh yum, that soup looks lovely and I LOVE cheese scones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice , the cheese scones went in a flash x

      Delete
  5. The soup looks wonderful and I am a great fan of cheese scones, what a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! This is one of my favourite soups. How have I never eaten a cheese scone? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the first time I have made cheese scones, I only usually make sweet ones for a cream tea x

      Delete
  7. It looks lovely, unfortunately we didn't grow any Butternuts this year, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I did say to my husband as I love them so much perhaps I should try to grow some.

      Delete
    2. They do take up a tremendous amount of room, we used to grow them in Spain and three plants spread 15ft all round!

      Delete
  8. Love homemade soup and your scones look delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania, we will be using the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

      Delete