Friday, 21 October 2016

Every Day Money Saving - Part Two



Here are some more things I do to save money.

Composting - we have had quite a few lots out of the compost bin here, and I have to say the Tomatoes which where planted using that compost in pots in the greenhouse actually produced nicer Toms.

Soap Dispensers are used for the Shampoo and Conditioner - ensuring we don't use too much.

If I can't find a really good deal on hand wash I fill the dispensers with foam bath.

The supermarket value bleach gets decanted into smaller bottles.
Laundry Liquids - always use less then stated.

Dishwasher Tablets- Once upon a time I bought the two well known branded ones but now I buy these from Home Bargains for £1.69 and they work just as well.

I heard some people only use half a tablet, so I have just experimented on the last two lots of dishes and I have to say it they came out just as clean & sparkly as usual. So now I can do 60 washes for £1.69. Brilliant.






Free samples - there are several freebie sites out there, this is just some of my samples I have collected in 12 months. Certainly worth doing.




Magazines - Well I don't buy them anymore unless they are from the Car boot sale for 20p/30p, there are also two free local magazines delivered every month, and another two free local ones which are in the Supermarket , and then there are Supermarket free magazines, when I have finished with the magazines before they are taken to the recycling, I cut out any nice images and use for card making.






I reuse gift bags, keep any ribbons etc.

The charity bags which come through the door and they never come back to collect get used in the recycling bin. Any bags from fruit and veg get used in the bathroom pedal bin. Bread bags, trays, packaging get kept for using for the freezer.

Any jars are kept for so then I can always make some preserves and chutneys out of the yellow sticker bargains I find.

We have a greenhouse and small area for growing, and managed to produce a nice little daily harvest.





I don't buy supermarket herbs, I grow my own in pots and take cuttings as well.


I have harvested seeds this year as well.

One the best ways to save is at the Supermarket.

When there is a good deal on a regular purchase I make the most of it.




Yellow sticker shopping is saving us so much.





I am using coupons, and shopping apps more and combining with the supermarket 
deals this is saving so much.




This is what I got today.
It only cost me a grand total of £2.00




Old cloths & flannels are kept for cleaning cloths.

Make up remover wipes are torn in half.

I have started using baking tray liners, which saves on parchment and foils, they only cost a few pounds each and some can last up to 1000 uses.

I start buying gifts in January in the sales, and also buy from carboots and charity shops, you can find lots of "new" items .

This years Christmas wrap was bought in January for 20p a roll.

So there are a few more ideas for anyone who is starting on their  "Frugal Living" or Money Saving journey.

I still have several more of these posts to do when I get time.

18 comments:

  1. Some great ideas there. I do some of them, e.g. I actually ask at the beauty counters for free samples - some are generous but a few are stingy! We don't have room for a dishwasher. We grow summer veg and use or freeze it. All these little things add up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do add up, some people wouldn't bother but every little does help.

      Delete
  2. Another brilliant post! Some great ideas. You did really well today with your £2 shop. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules, I was well pleased with my shop x

      Delete
  3. Snap, snap, snap, snap, snap. I've been using an 'empty' toothpaste for the last 3 weeks. It's been squeezed to death more than once but there's still life in it yet. I wonder if it will last 'til the end of the month! The last of the bubbly bath is watered down and today, even though it looked empty, I rinsed it in the bath water and low and behold - one last bubbly bath. It's surprising how much is left in a bottle, jar or tube even though it looks empty.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, thats what I love to here xx

      Delete
  4. Great tips Marlene. I'll have to try the dishwasher tablet (half) one. I use shampoo as shower gel and bubble bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is all the same thing isn't it.

      Delete
  5. Our local library has just started a scheme whereby if you are a member and you sign up for it you can now read the magazines for free online. I joined and there's all sorts to read. Will be good for the Winter months I hope.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a brilliant idea.

      Delete
    2. Sorry I should introduce myself- I'm your latest follower Sarah. For some reason blogger puts me under Aril on some blogs and this one on others. Most strange!
      Arilx

      Delete
    3. Oh I see hello Sarah, I welcomed you officially a few years ago, blogger is a bit strange sometimes isn't it x

      Delete
  6. you are the queen of saving money, frugal tips, and yellow stickers! Have a fabulous weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadie, and yes I will, you to xx

      Delete
  7. I like the supermarket freebie magazines, we walk past a large store when we go to the football, so I nip in to pick one up for later reading.

    I like the weekend newspaper that one supermarket gives away. I read it then use it as a liner for the rabbit litter trays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea and a good way to recycle afterwards.

      Delete