Thursday, 20 October 2016

A Shopping Spree




A shopping spree .... what's she doing having a shopping spree after the last few thrifty /frugal posts I here you say.


Well our son wanted to have a hair cut yesterday afternoon, we hardly ever go up to the town so despite being laid up on the sofa for a while before lunch, ( I have the lurgy - cough cough splutter.) I thought I would pull myself together and get out into the fresh air.

Cheltenham has the high street like any other town, but then it has the posher areas, with lovely shops and boutiques. 


So where did I go...

To good old Poundland, I always pop in when we are up there to see if there is anything I fancy, well with all this being a tightwad most of the time a girl does deserve a little treat now and then.


These were a real bargain, very pretty colours.





 You can pick up some good end of line/range cosmetics.

I found a nice Maybelline silver liquid eyeliner and two max factor eyeshadows.






Oops see the black plastic bits I wrecked it a bit on the way back home.


A few other things caught my eye.

A Jane Asher Pink Sieve and an  Icing Bag Set.








Purple Metallic Paint my favourite colour I have something in mind for that.

If any one can buy Tea Lights cheaper than this or in bulk anywhere please let me know.



After tea the men had to go to B & Q so I thought I would tag along and pop into Home Bargains which is next door.

Beautiful Butterflies for my cardmaking 59p each




This was a bargain, I am hopping they will get some different sets in.



And still on the Christmas theme a little cookie cutter 39p.



So apart from the £7 on make-up the rest of the items where useful and practical.

So a nice little shop which did not break the bank.

12 comments:

  1. That's a 'shopping spree' I can approve of. Some lovely bits and bobs there.

    I get my tea lights from B&Q, a box of 200 for £10, they burn steadily for at least the four hours quoted on the box and don't smoke so I've always been really pleased with them, but yours are half the price so if they burn for the full time they are a real bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sue, I shall have to see if they burn for the 3.5 hours as stated, if not I shall have a look at the ones in B & Q , I do prefer to buy in bulk if possible also John is entitled to 10 % discount on Wednesdays at B & Q.

      Delete
  2. Well deserved treats. That's the whole point of being stingy you can afford to have a splurge every now an again and it hasn't broken the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does you good to have a splurge/spree once in a while! Keeps the motivation going. I'm off to the Clarks sale - I don't need any more shoes though - just looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, are you sure you are just looking:-) ?

      Delete
  4. Impressive shopping spree. I have never looked at make up in Poundland before such a good idea. Love the Christmas stamps must pop in Home Bargains for a look. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth popping in stock changes regularly, I have found many good things over the years.

      Delete
  5. there now, we have a lovely pink connection! I bought the pink sieve the other day too, when I'm sifting my flower I can think 'Marlene is probably doing the same thing with the same sieve !!' ;o) I love poundland bargains, in between the tat there are some real pearls. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lovely things there, once they have cleared the Halloween stock out there will be some new goodies, xxx

      Delete
  6. A nice little shopping spree. Nothing wrong with a few treats now and again. I very rarely go into poundland but I'll be having a look next time I'm in town. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we all deserve a treat don't we xx

      Delete