Sunday, 11 September 2016


We always look forward to Sundays and going to the car boot sale, the one we go to is huge. Sellers have to pay more if they go in before 12 pm and buyers if they go in before 12 pm  have to pay £1 early entry, which we do, we can have a good look around when there are less buyers about. Then another lot of sellers come in at 12 pm. So there are hundreds of cars, we spend about three hours there most weeks.



My Husband comes back with things for his shed.





These were my purchases today.


Herb Dryer - 50p



Two brand new Ladybird books - 50p each



My favourite purchase today - brand new really good quality large bird feeder £5.00

In the colder months we had trouble with Starlings, now the table has been modified so they can't get on it and this feeder will be filled up with suet and they won't be able to get at it. 

A dozen Dwarf Snap Dragons - £2.50


Veg - £2.00 the lot


 Pretty Milk Jug - 50p


Brand new with tags on still Hat - £1.00



A very pretty Note Book for £1.00






Brand new Boots No 7 Pedicure Set - £2.00



I also picked up lots of new gifts for Christmas which I cannot show here for obvious reasons.


After that I popped up to Morrison's Pharmacy to take my prescription in, I was mean't to be being good and not buying any more bargains, but at these prices they had to come home with me.














Lovely flowers for 28p



I  picked up these soups a few days ago, there is a £1.00 coupon on the website, they are on offer in Asda and Morrison's for £1.00 , we have several emails accounts between us so I printed of six. Completely free.






I love a bargain, it is possible to live well for less.

12 comments:

  1. We get lots of starlings - along with a variety of other birds too. I feed them all but find the Robin the most vicious of them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have heard that Robins can be vicious but the Starlings eat it all and feeding them is expensive.

      Delete
  2. Agree with Mrs LH that the robins are quite vicious indeed.
    Now, those Ladybird books ~ those are not subjects I ever saw covered on my Ladybird books ~ lol!
    ~~~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were quite funny that's why I snapped them up.

      Delete
  3. Starlings are greedy little monkeys. They frighten me to death when we fill the feeders up and they swoop down en masse.
    Fabulous bargains again. I think I need you to come shopping with me...lol-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are greedy, would love to to shopping with you if we lived nearer xx

      Delete
  4. WOW WOW WOW, once again Marlene you have done so well with your purchases. I must look for some soup coupons if I get a chance. Because we live near the sea its seagulls that dive bomb the garden in search of food, so I've stopped putting stuff out in the summer. I leave some scraps by the compost bin in a small area that the seagulls on't use, the birds help themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will soon have more time to concentrate on bargains. I have seen Seagull here if we put bread on the lawn, now it gets put on the table out of view x

      Delete
  5. An impressive haul from both the car boot sale and Morrison's, you certainly have a great eye for a bargain. A real bonus picking up gifts ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes saves pennies in the long run.

      Delete
  6. Wow, brilliant YS bargains! Love your car boot finds too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I am just going on Sundays up Morrisons just to get enough for a few days and then for the rest of the week I have the freezer x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.