Thursday, 15 September 2016

Simple Pleasures



 It really doesn't take much to make me happy I enjoy simple pleasures, like listening &  singing to Michael Buble whilst making a risotto.






Love the smell of the Porcini liquid






This recipe serves 4

Mushroom Risotto.

2 tbsp of Olive Oil
40 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
1 veg stock cube or tbsp of veg bouillon 
1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
300g Risotto rice( Arborio)
250g Chestnut Mushrooms sliced
175 ml White Wine
50g Butter
To Garnish Fresh Flat leaf Parsley
Grated Parmesan


Soak the Porcini mushrooms in 1 litre of hot water, add the veg stock cube or boullion and leave  for 20 mins.


After 20 mins remove the Porcini from the liquid, and chop finely.

Heat the oil in a shallow pan on a medium heat.

Fry the onions and garlic for around 5 minutes.

Stir in the Porcini  and fresh mushrooms and season.

Cook for around 8 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.

Add the the rice and cook for 1 minute, then pour over the wine and let it simmer away until the wine evaporates.

Then gradually add the mushroom stock  a little at a time until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.


When the rice is cooked  stir through the butter.

Garnish with the parsley and sprinkle with the Parmesan.

And enjoy.

Risotto is not the most visually appealing but packed with flavour.





Apologies if there are any spelling errors, I have polished off two glasses of wine (Hic) x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely looking risotto, and you HAVE to have wine with it :) Thanks for sharing the recipe, Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angie, we don't have wine that often it was nice xx

      Delete
  2. I love risotto, I prefer wet food to dry. Love the pan you used and the tablecloth. Years ago, We brought home a couple of packs of French vino in plastic bottles like that. It was cheaper than water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania I know what you mean.
      I love good quality cookware I got that cast iron pan reduced of course from £50 to £15.
      I always pick up little bottles of wine whilst abroad just for cooking.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great recipe, not something we would normally eat but I am tempted to give it a ty. Love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tablecloth came back from one of our trips abroad, I always like to bring one back.

      Delete
  4. I love risotto, we have it most weeks, we eat meat and fish free twice a week, and have a similar recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous. I'll be making this tomorrow night. Your recipes are always a winner in this house. I'll also indulge in some wine as it seems to be a requirement. Thank you Marlene. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou that is a lovely thing to say, I must post more recipes, have a fab rest of the weekend xx

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.