Thursday, 29 September 2016

Decluttering - Selling Online


I am in decluttering mode, we all end up with things we don't use or need any more and I always have a little decluttering session a couple of times a year.

I have spent the last few weeks sorting through books, dvds and cd's.

We use to sell at car boots , with so many  ways to sell online, we prefer to do it this way in the comfort of home.

Books, dvds and cd's unless you have a collection or something which is currently trending can be difficult to sell on Ebay and Amazon, as they are usually flooded with the same items.



I only buy books now from either the charity shop , car boot sale or from Amazon where you can buy some lovely books for 1p with £2.80 postage. So I don't pay much for them.

In the past I have always just taken them to the charity shop.

This time I thought I would try a few of these online places where you can sell them all in one place.

I have sent off two parcels.

I used MusicMagpie.co.uk & Ziffit.com


For anyone who does not know you type in the barcode or ISBN no and they give you a value.

I have been quite surprised with what I have got back for some and very disappointed with others.



You just take them to one of the many parcel shops or you can have them collected for free, you just box them up and print out your label, it's very easy.



Just sorted a few more out ready to be packed.




I have quite a bit to sort through still, I have just counted the cook books, I have 43, didn't realise I had that many, and I still have to sort cd's.



With the few lots I have sold I have only made just over £20 , but considering how little I pay for them that is quite acceptable.

Clears the clutter and brings in some extra pennies .

Every little helps .


14 comments:

  1. A good idea Marlene. I've started selling a few bits on eBay. Every little helps as you say. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get anything back really I suppose, and as you paid so little for them it's a nice bonus - more than you'd get leaving them on your bookshelves.

    I sorted out the books and media at the charity shop yesterday, other than vinyl records which are selling like hotcakes at the moment we can hardly give away dvds and cds at the minute, even at 49p. I took over 80 dvds off the shelves yesterday to send to another shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been into a charity shop today just for a browse whilst passing and they also have bins of them also for 49p, I suppose many people stop buying dvd's now what with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

      Delete
  3. Such a good idea, we have just had a declutter and sold them at the car boot sale but certainly worth knowing for another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideal for when there are no car boots on.

      Delete
  4. Great idea. And it appears to be quite a simple process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good idea, I used one of those places once, and got an evoucher for it. which I forgot about for a couple of years, then remembered last year and finally used it.
    I totally agree, sometimes you get a decent offer, other times you think 'really? is that all'! Still. A brilliant idea to declutter and get some cash for it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you can also buy on them as well, but I didn't look as that was defeating the object xx

      Delete
  6. those penny books with minimal postage are crippling me! lol. Especially the harder to find and out of print ones from America. Filling my stacks with Susan Branch, Gladys Tabor {usually more costly}, Mary Engelbreit and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some good ones to be had for sure.

      Delete
  7. I gave away boxes of books a few years ago and now take them straight to the charity shop as soon as I've read them. I love a good declutter, though I am a bit of a clutter bug xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl it is nice to clear a bit of clutter isn't it xx

      Delete