Wednesday, 17 August 2016




Thankyou to everyone who commented yesterday and emailed me. I have deleted the other blog now and imported some of the posts. I will be deleting the posts from here about my changing over to the other blog as I don't see the point of keeping them, so moving away from all that nonsense............


It's that time of year again, the Spring Bulbs have appeared in the shops.

Last year I planted Hyacinth's and Tulips, so to add to them I have bought these .

I am still going to get a couple more packs of  Hyacinths as I want to have several pots dotted around indoors, I just love the fragrance.

I got the Dwarf Daffodils, Hyacinths and Crocus from home Bargains.






The Purple Passion Tulips came from Morrisons, I also picked up another Lily reduced to £1.00




So I repotted that one, it is still yet to flower which is nice.




One of my other Lilies is just opening.


Very strange though as this is from last years bulbs and I only had a pink one and an orange one ? I split the bulbs this year, perhaps it's a mutation?



We had to take the car in for a job and The Range was right next door so we popped in for a browse.


The two packs of Rockery Narcissi were purchased there along with these.

They have been cut back now, but they are Hardy plants , I am on the look for more Hardy plants as they last and will save me spending so much money on plants all the time, then I can just fill the spaces with spring bulbs and bedding plants.




Another Curley Parsley as the one I had died for some reason.





And some Sweet Williams.


They only had White and Coral ones, I shall look out for some more different colours as these are one of my favourites.




I shall leave you with a few pictures from the garden.








26 comments:

  1. Stunning flowers, all my bulbs are in paper bags in my shed, this is the first year I have dug them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always dig them up and replant again the next year.

      Delete
  2. glad I clicked on your original blog, I was so confused this morning when your newer blog wasn't there.

    You found some good bargains there.

    Your tomatoes are doing better than ours, and ours are inside the greenhouse. Pleased with my pumpkins though, one is a corker and I'm pretty sure it's a white one so I am delighted.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the confusion. We have picked so many tomatoes I love the sweet cherry ones. I love Pumkins and Squash, maybe I should try growing some, if it is a white one you will have to show it off x

      Delete
  3. Your garden flowers are looking good, and you have bought a lovely selection of plants. I am a big fan of Morrisons, especially their plants and cut flowers. Sweet Williams will be something to look forward to.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cathy, Morrisons plants are good and even better you get match and more points.x

      Delete
  4. Your garden is a riot of colour! Hard to grasp it is already time for Spring bulbs again, and having lost most of mine {probably through neglect} it is time to think hard about what goes where.
    ~~~Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Deborah, yes it soon comes around, Autumn is just around the corner, time certainly flies by xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Marlene, lovely photos. Your garden is full of colour. I too love the fragrance of hyacinth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tania, I love them indoors even if they don't last long x

      Delete
  6. I was impressed by your tomato crop, ours this year has been dismal. I think a trip to Home Bargains is on the agenda I need to perk my garden up a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plants themselves didn't look to healthy but we have had a good crop and they have tasted really nice. I love Home Bargains.

      Delete
  7. Lovely garden photos.
    We are trying to do the same in our garden and fill it with perennials and then fill gaps with some annuals and maybe some bulbs. I'm hoping it will look good next year-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Shelia, it makes sense doesn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the purple flowers you've got, it's my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to plant loads of bulbs but our local squirrels consider them a delicacy!!!We have squirrel proof feeders ---ha ha!They are not fooled.Look forward to seeing yours in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Squirrels are very naughty aren't they.

      Delete
  11. Your tomatoes look great, our have not done as well as usual this year even though they are in the tunnel. I'm amazed to see you still have delphiniums flowering, ours are well over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The delphiniums are having a second flowering, I cut them back because they finished.

      Delete
    2. Um, I tried that but no new flowers, never mind, next year.

      Delete
    3. I must have been lucky then because I thought they had finished.

      Delete
  12. We have had so much rain this year that the garden is totally waterlogged. Some pots I have to tip over every day to pour the water out. My lilies have changed colour as well. I had white, yellow, pale, medium and dark orange,red and black. This year all have changed to the three shades of orange. I did read that orange is the dominant colour in lilies and will take over all of them. Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your garden, isn't that strange about the lilies.

      Delete
  13. Wow, spring bulbs already and we don't really seem to have had much summer yet this year. You've got a lovely selection, I do like those tulips. Be careful with the salvias, I've lost every one I've planted in my garden even though the labels said they're hardy, I think some are more hardy than others and most could do with some winter protection. Your tomatoes are ripening nicely, I've had my first decent harvest from my plants today, they're doing okay but not as well as other years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the heads up on the Salvias, I shall put a fleece on them when it is frosty. We have had a awful lot of tomatoes, I have enjoying growing my own.

      Delete