Saturday, 2 July 2016



Whilst Hubby has been watching the footie I decided I should have a little play with my lovely new sewing machine.





I watched the instruction dvd last night.

I was extremely nervous, because I am not very good with technology and gadgets.

I followed the step by step instructions on how to put the bobbin in and thread the machine.

The booklet was very good, really good diagrams.

Then I thought I would have a go at some of the stitches, I haven't tried them all yet.





Not to bad for first attempt I couldn't master the circle one at the bottom.

I absolutely love it, it threads the needle for you - I haven't tried that bit yet, that will be tomorrows lesson. It cuts the thread for you, you don't have to pull the bobbin thread up, it has a foot pedal but you can use it without, which I did, You can choose your speed. You can just do so much with it, then I have the quilting pack to look at sometime. I never thought I would get excited about a sewing machine, but it is just brilliant.



20 comments:

  1. That looks like a good machine - be careful, you'll be hooked and will be finding reasons to buy beautiful fabric to make different things - I've spent this afternoon making little zipped coin purses for Christmas presents - truth is that I'm making them because I've mastered the zipper foot on my machine! Enjoy it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful, so easy to use, I am going to try everything xx

      Delete
  2. It looks fantastic, unfortunately I bought a new machine only two years ago so I would be pushing my luck to ask if I can have a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me to now go on my machine and try out the embroidery bit and all the different stitches! Perfect for a rainy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect for a rainy day, It is beautiful sunny weather here, I am off to 2 car boots, I will be on the look out for pretty fabrics xx

      Delete
  4. I occasionally use my mum's old Singer - the old fashioned turn the wheel model! I wouldn't know where to start on yours! It looks very good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the old Singer ones, if I can do it , it must be easy x

      Delete
  5. Enjoy it, I have had a sewing machine in all my adult life,

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make a good sales woman, I'm definitely considering that make and model now. I'm so glad you're enjoying your prize, it looks like you'll have it mastered in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can master it anyone can, worth buying a better one for sure, you can just do so much x

      Delete
  7. I'm envious of the various stitches your machine is able to do. I'm having a 'creative project' on the go atm and using my 28 y/o sewing machine for it.
    It's just not justifiable for me to buy another one as my old banger is still in good nick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have bought another one, I just very fortunate.

      Delete
  8. How fabulous for you to win the machine....congratulations.....and welcome to the world of sewing addicts-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelia, I think I will get addicted x

      Delete
  9. I'm so pleased for you. If anyone deserves (and appreciates) such a lovely thing, it's you :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sadie that is a lovely thing to say xx

      Delete
  10. It really does look amazing, so many different stitches what a joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.