Sunday, 3 July 2016

Welcome to my new follower The 3-year Challenge.

Some bargains I have bought this week.


I really liked this canvas after seeing it in B & Q, it was £20 in there.
I spotted this one on Gumtree for £5, so was well pleased.




From the charity shop.
A Marks & Spencer Per Una bag as new £3.99


50 p for all these little books.



Box of Soaps & 2 bath & body sets.
£1.00 each. (originally from boots)
I might keep these or I might put in the Christmas box, the packaging is a bit battered, but I could still make into little gift baskets.




From the car boot sale today.

Love this picture, we use to have this one and several other cherub ones in our bedroom in our own house.

So this one will be going in the bedroom, I am going to paint the frame gold.

It is a good size.

It cost £2.00



This Table Cloth was brand new, it said Christmas on the packaging, but other than the gold, not really Christmas in my opinion.
It would fit our table perfectly when extended, but it is very rare we have it extended to six seats, most of the time it is a nice square which seats four, I have several things in mind for this, a smaller table cloth, and a cushion cover, or a side board runner and a cushion cover.


I just love cream & gold.
I paid £1.50 for it.



A flower press £1.50




Finally a nice bar of triple milled soap for £1.00



It smells so nice.




So pleased with my goodies this week, some nice things for not a lot of money.

15 comments:

  1. You've done it again, found some brilliant items for next to nothing. There is something quite special about that print, I thinks its the misty trail beyond the gate giving a sense of mystery to it. I don't normally like that sort of thing but I can see why you were attracted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargains, the toiletries will make great gifts. The fabric to make a table cloth would have cost more so a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying curtains, duvets and tablecloths is a good way to get cheap fabrics.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou, I always buy Christmas gifts throughout the year.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great bargains, whether or not you sell them on, give them away as presents, or keep them! I'd certainly like the soaps! I've given away those little recipe books in the past as I've seldom used them, but they are a pretty little set. The Winter Balsom soap would be my favourite bargain here. We always used fine soap, it's my one weakness, and if you have a soap dish on the bathroom basic (I will not call it a sink as they do on Escape to the Country - basins are in bathrooms, sinks are in kitchens) it will not go soft and yukky. Indeed, triple milled soap should last a long time. I much prefer good old-fashioned soap to liquid handwash although I do have that (lavender, which is antiseptic) by the kitchen sink. That cherub print is a very popular one, isn't it? I think it should come with a caption such as, "Oh no, not rain again!"
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret I think I will end up keeping the toiletries, the other day I picked up 20p reduced shower gels, but then I have Chanel, Estee Lauder products as well, I have a mix of everyday basics and nicer ones for when we go out or special occasions. That soap smells amazing, I have it tucked it away in one of my clothing drawers to make everything smell nice, before I get to use it.
      I love the cherub picture, I am currently painting up a few more frames to put some more cherub pics in.

      Delete
  6. What fabulous bargains.
    I think DD and I are going to have a trip into town and do the charity shops on Saturday as we haven't done it for ages.
    Looked for the 20p shower gels in Asda but they didn't have any:( -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame about the shower gels, enjoy your charity shop shopping x

      Delete
  7. I don't know how you do it Marlene. Fabulous bargains once again. X

    ReplyDelete