Sunday, 10 July 2016


We do love a Sunday Roast but this weekend I have been busy so two quick and easy suppers were called for.

On Saturday I made a simple pasta & Sauce.

Cook the pasta, whilst cooking I just made a simple sauce.

I chopped 2 onions and a few cloves of garlic, cooked in olive oil until softened, then added 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, some olives (cut in half) and 4 tsp of capers (chopped). Seasoning, that was it, a nice easy sauce.




Some grated Parmesan to finish off.
Lovely.




Today.

A Butternut Squash Puff Pastry Pizza.

So easy. 

Soften 450g of Butternut Squash in some Olive Oil for 5-10 mins on a low heat.
Roll out some puff pastry, leave a bit of an edge to allow it to puff up.
Spread on some Tomato Puree , Top with 100g of Grated Cheddar, 


Spread over the Butternut Squash, chop 5 Sage leaves and sprinkle over and some seasoning.
Bake for 20 mins at 220 c.


After 20 mins sprinkle another 100g of grated Cheddar on the top.
Bake for a further 5 mins.







Quick to make and very tasty.

20 comments:

  1. They both sound very tasty! I have been getting some ready rolled puff pastry lately - it has been a good standby and led to some good dishes at the last moment. Certainly a good standby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have puff pastry in the freezer I buy it when it is reduced.

      Delete
    2. Life is to short to make puff pastry x

      Delete
  2. I do like the look of that pizza. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the puff pastry pizza, such a good idea. I will be giving that one a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou it could be done with other veggies as well.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh that pizza looks so good-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look very tasty. We love roast dinners but I usually cook them during the week rather than on a Sunday, I don't like spending the weekend in the kitchen. I think it stems from working Sundays, I did it for twelve years while the kids were young so we never used to have a proper Sunday dinner then and now that I don't work any more, I like to spend my Sundays doing other things. Roast pork and all the trimmings for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo yes I know exactly what you mean, I will be doing a roast tomorrow, so we don't miss out.

      Delete
  6. Your food in the last two posts looks really yummy, thank you for sharing the recipes. I have never made pasta sauce before but might give it a go now and I have puff pastry in the freezer too .....hmmm...veggie pizza tarte.... :-) thanks, Marlene x
    Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple, quick and cheap, perfect xx

      Delete
  7. I think that a roast dinner is the easiest meal, once it is prepped just bung it in the oven in order, but ooh the washing up, I hate it. I line every tin possible with foil and/or baking parchment then scoop it into the bin. The pizza is a great idea, I always have puff pastry in the freezer. I think that it will have to be on the menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam if I Roast I make extra for another day as well, as you say it makes lots of washing up, but I do love a Roast.

      Delete
  8. I have been fortunate enough to have travelled with work on Italian cruise ships and they always have simple pasta on the menu. Its delicious and I've tried and failed to emulate it. Yours looks great, like the idea of the pizza. Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tania, we really don't eat much pasta we have it for a change now and then, I will do the pizza again but next time try some of my courgettes x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.