Thursday, 28 July 2016




I have already been thinking ahead about next years growing season.

We spotted a Stainless Steel Catering Table on Freecycle, just the thing to put in the greenhouse.








Now I have two tables with room on top and underneath, I want to grow lots more next year, we only have the little area next to the greenhouse, so lots more will be grown in pots, I want to do as much as possible next year as the following year it could and probably will be time to move on again so no sowing can be done then.


I will also be growing more bedding plants from seed even though they are cheap at the car boot I can still grow cheaper, hopefully only for the cost of the compost as I have started to collect seed.


Delphinium, Marigold & Pansy seeds.
I also have a big tub of Sweet Pea Pods drying out.




At last the Tomatoes are ripening.



Tonight's tea was lovely fresh Salad and  Courgettes from the garden.
In a few days we will be having a look to see how many Potatoes we have.




I will leave you with a picture of the Dahlia's.

We also have some in pots, they have done very well, not bad for a Poundland purchase.







Off to have a read of my new books £1.00 each from the charity shop.



 Then I will be watching Hugh's War on Waste on BBC One at 9.

23 comments:

  1. What a good idea those tables are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, room on top and underneath, brilliant.

      Delete
  2. Loving the tables. I may put a wanted advert on the 3 free cycle areas I belong to for a plastic greenhouse and table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check the freecycle daily, it is surprising what you can get, one person was giving a way lovely conservatory.

      Delete
  3. Love the table, I could use that in my kitchen. We are also planning next years growing, might be doing our spuds in containers as we are getting a bit old for all the earthing up and digging of potatoes, they are hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Table has so many uses. Spuds are easy to grow so pots should be ok.

      Delete
  4. Impressive table, we have started to plan next years garden too. We have just emptied our potato containers and have an impressive haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to plan ahead, I shall be looking out for any reduced seeds for next year. Well done on your spuds.

      Delete
  5. Great table, good old Freecycle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I want or need anything Freecycle is my first stop.

      Delete
  6. That looks a good sturdy table. You've done brilliantly with your gardening this year. Home grown tomatoes are so tasty. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules, they were lovely and sweet.
      Congraulations hope you had a wonderful wedding x

      Delete
  7. Well, that's beyond a bargain! Looks just perfect.
    I've given up on growing veggies, more on that to come later though. Your produce looks amazing, and tempting too!
    May well be posting my own photos to Hugh's FB page later today. I ordered four items from Tesco Direct and guess what? I've had four separate dispatch notices. Four boxes, do you think? Should be interesting.
    ~~~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking at Hughes pages later, the packaging is always ott. x

      Delete
    2. Well, "they" arrived ~ as I suspected, four huge boxes when two would have done the job. HFW page will only let me post one image but if you can link from that to my FB page I've put them all up and made the post public so everyone can see it.

      Delete
    3. Hi Deborah I had a quick look couldn't see it perhaps I was looking in the wrong place, but good on you it needs tackling.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the message Deborah, that was crazy,any one would think it was the crown jewels, x

      Delete
  8. That table's ideal for the greenhouse. Your tomatoes are doing well, I've only got a few ripening at the moment, though my plants aren't doing all that well this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plants don't look that healthy but they are producing fruit at last I suppose thats the main thing.

      Delete
  9. You are very organised. The greenhouse tables are great, and your tomatoes look good too. I bought some dahlias, but the slugs ate them - yours are a lovely colour.
    Cathy x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cathy, I like to be organised x

      Delete
  10. Fantastic table for the greenhouse. I've never used freecycle perhaps I've been missing something there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.