Monday, 13 June 2016

Thankyou for your comments yesterday, we are cleaned up and sorted out now, basically the drains couldn't cope, the water company has been around and had a look and will report back.

This was the garden before the floods came, it turned into a bit of a jungle.



Spring Onions, Tomatoes and Courgettes are doing well, will have to sort out some sticks, The potatoes had only started to shoot when we left , there was too much earth exposed and we didn't want the local cats coming in so be covered them with mesh but they went wild and grew through the mesh. The only thing which didn't make it were the Radishes, they went to seed.
We will be busy in between the showers tidying it up again,lots of grass cutting, weeding , pruning and dead heading to be done.
I sowed a few more lettuce seeds today as well.





We missed the baby Blue Tits they have flown the nest. Never mind I am sure they will have another brood soon.


We did bring a few things back from our travels, mainly for the kitchen.

Various types of olives, tins of sweet paprika, biscuits, chocolate, coffee's, a few bags of sea salt which only cost 27p for 1kg bags.

We got 3 of these, for just over £10 which is excellent value, they will see me through for a while.



We didn't bring much wine back only one box as we have plenty here.
Hubby had a couple packs of beers. We just got some Cassis,  Some creamy Limoncello for a tot in the winter , a large bottle of Vodka for making Blackberry Vodka and some Gin for making the Sloe gin when the time comes again.







A purple teapot and cafetiere,(my favourite colour) to go with my other purple kitchen bits, a nice bottle for my Olive Oil.



A little hand painted pot and a scoop for to keep my sea salt in so I can put near the cooker.
A Madeleine mould.

There were so many lovely ceramic bowls, we chose this large one for a salad bowl.
We also found some new salad servers which compliment the colours of the bowl.



A large glass cake plate.



We collected lots of shells.

I found a wooden box for a couple of Euro's , so I am going to make a shell box, I also bought a few shells. Another idea was to put some of the photos of us on holiday in some wooden frames and decorate with some shells.
That will be a rainy day project when I have caught up with everything else.



And I couldn't come back from my first visit to Spain without a fan.


18 comments:

  1. The garden looks to be thriving despite the flood, hope you manage to get it all sorted. Some great buys and momentos of your holiday. Love the idea of shells on a picture frame, it should look really pretty and bring back lots of wonderful memories for you. The olive oil bottle was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I will be busy for a while, I will be starting the shell projects in a few weeks. There were so many olive oil bottles it was hard to decide x

      Delete
  2. Oh I really love that salad bowl! Just my sort of thing. Have only just read your other post re. the flood - sorry to hear about it, it must be awful. Your holiday sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi the salad bowl was a bit different we loved in loads of shops before we made the final decision it was hard because there were so many nice things. We are sorted out again now the water board are looking into it. Yes it a lovely holiday x

      Delete
    2. What a lovely collection. I can never resist bringing home food or things for the kitchen if we go abroad.

      Delete
    3. I love new bits and bobs for the kitchen x

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love your salad bowl and serving spoons. I'm pleased you had a great break. I want to do something similar myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salad bowl was a bit different we took ages choosing one, living simply and cheaply comes natural to us now, which means we can afford a holiday which is important to us, we all need a break and recharge, hope you find somewhere nice to have a break x

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, just read about your flood. What a thing to come home to. Hope all is well now though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum, yes we are fine now thankyou xx

      Delete
  5. So many lovely things, I really love your salad bowl. Garden looks like it's thriving even after being flooded xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, I took these pictures before it started raining xx

      Delete
  6. Lots of lovely things, I'm glad you're getting sorted after the flood x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely goodies, particularly like the fan.
    Yes, the garden is loving the rain! I've blogged about the same thing today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I like a bit of sparkle. The garden is tidy again now we both worked hard out there yesterday xx

      Delete
  8. You have such a lovely blog :) By the way I have exactly the same large glass cake plate :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.