Friday, 17 June 2016

I have always struggled with weight over the years due to an underactive thyroid, in 2012 I managed to get down from a size 16 to a size 12, in 2014 I had to start taking Tamoxifen as part of my treatment I have to take it for 5 years, and also the trauma of being ill in 2014 sent me into early menopause, so with the Tamoxifen and menopause weight gain was bound to happen, My size 12 was creeping up to a size 14, I have never over eaten, but I have had to cut my portion size right down and exercise more.

I did have lots of ice cream whilst we were on holiday but still lost weight as we walked so much. Like many middle aged women I just have to work harder at it, I eat very little in the week now and have cut down on carbs but I still have a little, I will have a treat on Friday nights usually chocolate and I do like a bit of homemade cake at the weekend. Life is not worth living if you can't have a treat.

So to stay as I am I just have to work harder at it, I had a weigh today and I need to lose 1 pound and then I will have lost a stone since the end of April, I am a comfortable size 12 again.


But as it Friday night it is treat night , instead of cooking we had a cheese & wine supper.



I only had two small pieces of bread and cheese and a few other bits and that was fine for me, self control and moderation is the key.



22 comments:

  1. I think dieting is one of the hardest things to do! I've been on a specific diet for 15 weeks now (originally aimed for 8 weeks). I feel so much better in myself but am still not as slim as you! I've just hit size 14 and at 5ft 5 am still a stone over my maximum recommended weight. Keep on keeping on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right it is and you do feel alot better for it, well done you, you'll get there x

      Delete
  2. I'm a grazer so I don't eat big meals but lots of little bits. Exercise is the key for me. I have a fit bit and try to walk 5 miles a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's certainly easier to put on than to take off but I'm determined and my weight loss seems to be slow but sure.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, slow is better really not so easy to put it back on, you are doing well x

      Delete
  4. I could certainly do with losing some weight, I generally do in the warmer months but I do need to make more of an effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all put on a bit in the winter and christmas months.

      Delete
  5. You're doing really well. You're right, you definitely need a treat now and again. My problem is that I have no self restraint and like my food too much. I am trying to do the 1000 miles in a year challenge which is helping. Your cheese and wine supper looks delicious. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Jules, Food is one of life's simple pleasures, you do lots of walking don't you. I did enjoy the supper xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOM NOM NOM! Just my kind of tea! Treat yourself now and again, Lady. You absolutely deserve it! It is great that you are managing to lose weight because you want to but it should never make you unhappy. Its all about the balance.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Louise you are so right, have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  8. They say moderation is the key, not deprivation. It looked like a very tasty supper xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will not deprive myself, it was a nice supper thankyou xx

      Delete
  9. I have a meal like that every now and then, for me it is best to prepare my plate in the kitchen. That way I only eat the amount that I plan to and can not cut "just a little more".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pam it is easy to keep having a little more x

      Delete
  10. yum. that's my kind of food. It's what I like to call 'Minchy Munchies'! Don't know why. A roast dinner or similar I call 'green & gravy' and when I'm trying to get Violet to eat healthy stuff, it's called 'it's green & it's good'. I don't know why I do it Marlene, I'm just a sad person who likes to label styles of eating!! ;o)
    Have a lovely Sunday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie we all have funny sayings, your not sad xxx

      Delete
  11. I'd be very happy with that supper, I love cheese and wine. I really struggle with my weight these days, I was fine until I stopped working in 2010 but I also stopped smoking at the same time and had just gone in to my forties, not a great combination. I think it's much harder to lose the weight as you get older, it certainly seems that way to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does get harder, not fair really xx

      Delete
  12. I'm struggling too at the moment :( I do have a sweet tooth but I adore cheese with everything, it's very naughty of me. Your cheese and wine looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete