Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Gosh where does the time go it has been days since I last posted, we are always busy doing something, it seems that we are busier since hubby retired and I stopped working.
The last few days I  have cleaned the kitchen right through sorted out the cupboards and drawers in other rooms, just a general declutter, I do this regularly there is no point hanging on to things if you don't use or want them anymore. Hubby has been busy in his shed doing up the garden bench and chairs from Freecycle.

Today has been a bit more relaxing for me.

I made my a shell box, I didn't want a box completely covered in shells, so I just kept it simple, I haven't got the time or patience to do fiddly crafts as I am not a good crafter anyway.  I painted the box in gold acrylic paint and lined it, then just a few shells on top. I have put it on my dressing table now and have my lipsticks in it.
I have hundreds and hundreds of shells left, but I still want to do a picture frame from some of our holiday pics. The rest will keep for future projects.




I also made a few cards , the main images are from free magazines and leaflets.






Some I don't put sentiments on as it is nice to have some blank ones I use those as note cards instead of writing paper.

I have so many cards now, I am being strict and not buying anymore card making bits, I have enough papers and stickers, and toppers, card blanks etc to last for years, I am going to carry on with making the ones from recycled images. These are the ones I like to make most, I like the idea of reusing.

16 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. I have been naughty lately and brought 6 cards - easily spent £10 I could have avoided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes cards can be expensive, you could make some in your crafting cabin.

      Delete
  2. Your shell box and handmade cards are lovely. Every time you use a lipstick you will remember where the shells came from x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Angie, yes that is what I thought x

      Delete
  3. Lovely cards. good luck with your plans not to buy anymore crafting stuff.......it never works like that for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Sue, I am always tempted by a bargain.

      Delete
  4. You have been very busy. Time seems to have flown the last couple of weeks. Great makes Marlene. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules, yes the days are just whizzing by aren't they x

      Delete
  5. Lovely cards Marlene. It's great when you can make something new out of something old. The shell box is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love to recycle, the box is simple but that's how I like it x

      Delete
  6. Lovely cards and shell box, every time to open the box you will remember your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I thought I would use the box daily rather than just put it away.

      Delete
  7. Such a great idea to recycle images from magazines and such into card making. I don't need to buy anything either, although I do pick up bits and pieces now and again from the car boor sale. Love the box, a lovely reminder of your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recycle cards as well,I love boot sales so many bargains , I am easily tempted.

      Delete
  8. Very pretty box. Lovely cards - such a wide range of subjects.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Louise, I always struggle to find things for male cards, but I have a couple now x

      Delete