Sunday, 26 June 2016


For a few years before we moved here we didn't have much of a garden, I know a larger garden means more work, but I just love it, I find it so therapeutic, pulling up weeds, dead heading, etc.

I am so pleased with how the garden is looking, this summer (if we ever have one) we can sit and relax as all the hard work is done, the garden looks beautiful. Weather permitting I like to go out most days to make sure it is tidy.

This lily has just burst open, it is gorgeous.




Lovely colours everywhere.






 Pleased with my Petunias which I grew from seed.


And the Sweet Peas I grew from seed.






 The Apples, Tomato's and Courgettes are coming along now.






The Cast Iron Fountain which came from Freecycle has now been turned into a planter.

Before



Instead of buying a pack of Sunflower Seeds, I took some out of the bird seed.


When I see some seed pods on the Delphiniums and Sweet Peas I am going to save them, so I can get free plants next year.

Does anyone else collect seeds? What works for you?


The Sweet Peas smell wonderful, I couldn't resist bringing a few in for the kitchen.



I bought these Sweet Williams about two days after we came back from holiday, they are still going strong.



I get so much pleasure from beautiful plants and flowers.

18 comments:

  1. Just having a cup of tea and enjoying your beautiful photographs. Everything is looking fantastic. You've done a great job Marlene. The Sweet Peas will be lovely and colourful in your kitchen as well as smelling wonderful. I'm not surprised you enjoy spending so much time in your garden. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules you say some lovely things xx

      Delete
  2. I'm with you our garden is my therapy, it would be nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy it, but at the same time it's nice not to have to get the hose out every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There won't be a water shortage for sure.

      Delete
  3. Me too. I look at their beautiful firms that never cease to amaze me. I collect as many seeds,as possible. I have some frilly pansies look forward to getting seeds from them. When I go out walking in the autumn I'm on the lookout fir seed pods overhanging gardens etc. Its lookin beautiful Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, something for nothing is always good.

      Delete
  4. Your garden is very colourful and productive - a joy to be in, I bet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mum, yes I just love it xx

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking beautiful, so much rich colour. The lily is quite stunning and your Sweet Peas gorgeous, so much further ahead than our garden xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cheryl, a few people have said the Sweet Peas are ahead xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful garden and must be so uplifting reaping the rewards of your labour. Love the vibrant colour of the lily mine hasn't opened yet but I am hopeful it will in the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou yes it is very uplifting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely garden colours. My sweet peas are still at a seedling stage so they'll be very late at blooming. But I have loads of Sweet Williams in my flower beds all pinks, mauves, whites and every colour in between. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are two of my garden favourites, mind you I have so many favourites xx

      Delete
  9. Our sweet peas have come to a stand still, lots of buds but they need some sun, our lilies are also at a stand still but the dahlias might be in flower later this week, they don't seem to mind the lack of sun so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit more sun would be nice wouldn't it.

      Delete
  10. I can almost smell those sweet peas. Mine havn't germinated this year but I live in hope. I love lillies and mine are growing nicely. I planted fragrant varieties and they have done me proud each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, I have had luck with some things and others have just been no good.

      Delete