Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Thankyou for the comments yesterday , I have decided I should keep things as they are save any confusing and most of you like it as it it.

What a difference in the weather the last few days, on Sunday I was in my sundress, now back to jeans and a cardigan.



Well at least with all the rain the plants have had a good soaking and the water barrels are full again.


I just went for a little walk around the garden, the Bluetits are buzzing in and out the nest box on the top of the shed, they have babies.

The Sweet Peas are gradually climbing up the string, Raspberry & Blackcurrant bushes are very slow, not sure if they will fruit, the Two Gooseberries are doing very well, one has a couple of fruits already.
Potatoes have started to appear.
The lovely Orange Lily from last year is coming along nicely.
Four Courgettes have been planted out amongst the Cabbages.



The Azaleas are started to bloom.
The Irises are starting to open, these are one of my favourite's.



A while ago now when two of my houseplants finished flowering I cut them back and put them in the greenhouse, before the days of a greenhouse they would have gone in the garden waste, they are now doing well and come back indoors.

Cineraria


Minature Roase



As the Iris is one of my favourite flowers, I just had to buy these yesterday.
Reduced of course to £1.16.
They are perfect for my new vase.





12 comments:

  1. Bargain price for the Iris and looking beautiful. Your garden is truly looking good. Your azalea is a little more advanced than mine, just starting to bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Iris look beautiful in your new vase. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou the vase is ideal for long stems x

      Delete
  3. Love seeing everything sprouting into life. Iris are such a vivid colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see our gardens springing back to life, even if the weather is more fickle than a Christmas cracker fish. Ours is warmest day of the year so far today, plummeting down to winter chill again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the weather is all over the place today it gives it 23 here and then getting a bit cooler, but still dry x

      Delete
  5. your ability to track down a bargain is nothing short of amazing!
    I see you are an early bird too (just saw your comment!). Good morning! Have a fabulous weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadie, Good Morning , I woke up at 5 am (damn hot flushes), I got up and am in my little office, I didn't want to disturb hubby xx

      Delete
  6. It's all growing well with you, I am currently having a battle with slugs who want to eat everything in my veg patch and more besides. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure really, I just use slug pellets, perhaps if you are up early you could go out and catch some of the little buggers x

      Delete