Friday, 13 May 2016


A little something for the weekend.

My favourite Flapjack Recipe but today with the addition of some Cranberries.


COCONUT & CRANBERRY FLAPJACKS



140 g (5 oz) Demerara Sugar
140 g (5oz) Butter
140 g (5oz) Oats
2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
60 g (2oz) Dried Cranberries
1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract.



Preheat the oven to 190 or equivalent.

Grease/prepare tin.

Put the Sugar, Oats, Cranberries, Vanilla, and Coconut in a large bowl, mix until everything is combined.

Melt the butter on a low heat, then pour over and mix into the other ingredients.

Put in the prepared tin, press down firmly and bake for around 20 mins or until golden brown.

Mark into squares or fingers, leave to cool before removing from tin.

Quick, easy and very tasty.











hhhh

12 comments:

  1. That does sound delicious with the added coconut. I have a full house this weekend so I think I will make some. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice Jules, a bit of Coconut makes all the difference xx

      Delete
  2. I will have to put demerara sugar on the list, I am a sucker for flap jacks. No Cranberries left though, I will use dried cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a recipe to add to my list. Thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely. I really need to get some baking done but I'm busy in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the garden is taking up a lot of time at the moment x

      Delete
  5. They look good and so quick too. Full of some of my favourite things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very tasty they don't last long here x

      Delete
  6. They look delicious. I'm not baking at the moment as I'm trying to shed some pounds and I only end up eating things I shouldn't if they're in the house. I do love flapjack though, I shall have a go at this recipe when I allow myself a little treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I don't actually bake that often now, as I am doing the same xx

      Delete