Friday, 1 April 2016


Not much going on here , not really anything interesting to blog about at the moment, just normal everyday life just doing everyday things.

The boys have sorted out there own shopping and cooking this week , I don't mind  I don't interfere
 I was presented with this, which I thought was very nice.



Can't believe another month has gone.

This month I am having a low spend on groceries as the fridge freezer we have here is playing up, the freezer is good but the fridge and temperature has a mind of its own , we are being given another one from the landlord, the fridge is bigger than the freezer and the freezer is only 3 drawers instead of 4, so I have to use up and empty 1 drawer before we swap over. Also I want to clear a bit out from the cupboards.

I went up to Morrison's this morning for mostly fresh things, we eat lots of fresh produce that's one thing I never cut back on, I must stop doing it on Friday, it drives me nuts, lots of pushing and shoving with the trolleys , people standing around yapping blocking the aisles, I like my shopping to be a pleasant experience, not have to put up with all that.

Todays shop was very simple, mostly fridge items.





Yes more chocolate but that was on offer and I always keep some in the baking cupboard.

I am going to try and be more organised and keep a proper spending diary on paper, instead of in my head.Then I can see every penny spent .

I got another £5.00 voucher today, so that will be saved with the rest for Christmas.








I found these up Morrison's today.

A very good buy.




We are taking some things to the charity shop later, so of course I will have a browse, I do not feel guilty about buying more as I regularly sell our unwanted items.

Then this afternoon I will list some more things on Ebay.

The weather is meant to be nice this weekend so hopefully it will be off to the carboot.













14 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get a little envious {in a good way, of course} of you living so close to the shops when I see some of the bargains you scoop, but then I realise I'd be overspending just soooooo much because I cannot resist a bargain. Swings and roundabouts, roundabouts and swings ~~~
    I don't know about you, but I'm a little shocked that I'm making a winter~warming kind of soup for supper tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also meant to say, sorry about the fridge freezer but hope you get it sorted very soon. I don't like that 'in between' capering about with things.

      Delete
    2. Hello Deborah, hope you are well. Yes I know exactly mean about swings and roundabouts I can't resist a bargain, but I did curb the spending when we lived more rural. We were thinking about buying our own fridge/freezer but then we thought why should we, we pay enough rent, besides when we move I don't know what we will have I would like a bigger one, x

      Delete
    3. Yes it has gone colder, I was thinking about soup x

      Delete
  2. I don't blame you for not buying your own fridge/freezer save your money and invest it when you need to. Hope you manage to bag a bargain at the car boot sale. I will be going for a stroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, hope you have some luck at the car boot as well x

      Delete
  3. Hope the car boot is on and you get some bargains, hope to go to one on Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, the weather has changed, will be off Sunday for sure but we will take a look today x

      Delete
  4. What a really thoughtful (and delicious) gift. The house must seem quiet now. Enjoy the car boot sale. I haven't heard of any around here yet. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all still here Jules until Monday afternoon x

      Delete
  5. lovely giftie!
    I agree, shopping should be enjoyable. For the past few weeks we've been doing the weekly shop in Asda on a Friday AFTERNOON! Ick. I much prefer it when Bill and Violet drop me off on a Friday morning on the way to school, it's quieter and no people standing around on mobile phones saying stupid stuff like 'it's buy one, get one free, shall I get it?' urgh! And I always seem to be going round at the same time as some ditherer who clogs up everywhere I want to go. Every aisle, I'll walk down and see *thatpersonoftheday* right where I want to be, and they'll stand and dither, dither, dither. I just want to shove them out of the way, but I have manners :O)
    You are so organised with your shopping and budget. I need to take a leaf out of your book.
    Have a lovely Saturday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie I feel exactly the same, I feel like having a rant but like you I have manners, I did get annoyed yesterday afternoon though hubby wanted to go to the garden centre and price up compost and someone had a dog and it went mad and nearly knocked me right off my feet.
      Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
    2. oh that's not nice. Stupid dog owner.
      By the way, meant to say, that I can vouch for Morrisons clematis plants. They do really well. Bill says they are brilliant for the price. So if you wanted to buy any in the future, buy with the knowledge that they will do well! :O)
      Have a gorgeous weekend xx

      Delete
    3. Thanks Sadie I might buy something else next week they have a good selection and very affordable x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.