Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Chocolate Oaties

These are one of my regular makes, they take no time at all to make.

125g (4oz) Butter
125g          Self Raising Flour
125g          Soft Light Brown Sugar
125g          Porridge Oats
200g          Chocolate, Milk or Plain
1 Tbsp       Golden Syrup
1/2 tsp       Bicarbonate of Soda


Preheat oven to 180 or equivalent.

In a small pan melt the butter and golden syrup.
In a bowl mix together the oats, bicarb, flour & sugar.
Add the melted butter and syrup, mix well.

Shape into balls and then place on tray, flatten them slightly. Space apart as they do spread.

Bake for around 15 - 20 mins until golden.

Leave on trays to cool for a few minutes, so they can harden a bit before you put on to the cooling rack, then just brush with melted chocolate.

Simple and very tasty.





18 comments:

  1. Noooo! They look so good. I usually make something similar myself but I've never thought to add chocolate. I need to eat healthily but you're leading me astray! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice without, but I love a bit of choccie x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I find the simple recipes are the best x

      Delete
  3. Wow these look amazing, better than chocolate hobnobs, off to try them now ! Many thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hobnobs but yes they are nicer x

      Delete
  4. Oh they sound delightful, I shall try and make some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall add your recipe to my list. Thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make them regularly, they are very nice x

      Delete
  6. Oh Wow I will have to try these they look and sound yummy, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They will certainly be added to my list, simple pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, they are a simple pleasure.

      Delete
  8. Oh dear, why did I look at your post ... I'm trying to diet!!! Love chocolate ... it's my one weakness!!!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  9. there goes my diet! they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.