Sunday, 3 April 2016


Although a bit chilly the weather stayed dry for us this weekend so we ended up going to three car boot sales.

Remember the pretty plates I got from the charity shop a while ago  how lucky was that to find some of the same design, different shape for the other ones though, but that doesn't matter.

£3.00 paid





Then it was mostly plants.

Much cheaper than any garden centre.

Hollyhocks , Two more Anemone's All £2.00 each


A Money Tree Plant for £2.50, as you can see I have a little one already but this one is much better.
A lovely Iris £2.00
Another Hellebore, I paid £5.00 for one at B&Q the other day, this one was £2.50
We will get the rest of the plants from the car boot, so much cheaper.


A few books and dvd's 50p each.


 And some lovely farm eggs.

These were £4.00 we only use to pay £2.50 in Devon, but never mind, still nice big ones and better than the supermarkets.


A local Ebay find for £5.00.

I do love Cherubs.


Anyone else been carbooting this weekend?

14 comments:

  1. What a day of bargains and beauties. Well done.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have an uncanny knack for routing out a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if money was no object, I still be on the look out for a bargain.

      Delete
  3. You have a good eye for plants. I'm looking forward to seeing your garden in summer. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I will post some pics when the garden is finished x

      Delete
  4. Some good finds, popped along to the local car boot hardly any sellers so came away empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was damp and a little showery when I got up Saturday so didn't bother, it then cleared up and was a glorious day. I did go to a local rummage sale. I always get my veg and plants from the car boot, it saves a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes veg and plants are worth going for x

      Delete
  6. We haven't been to a car boot sale in a while, but they are so worth going to, aren't they? I always come away with lots of plants. The ones you have bought look good, and I see you have another hellebore. They are addictive, but a good addiction, I think. Happy gardening!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cathy, it beats garden centre prices x

      Delete
  7. what luck with the plates! So pretty. :O) x

    ReplyDelete