Tuesday, 22 March 2016

What I have been up to the last few days.

The small car boot was cancelled at the weekend which was disappointing, so we had a very lazy relaxing weekend, hubby watched some sport, so I took myself off to the bedroom to catch up with bbc iplayer.




Monday I woke up in Spring Cleaning mode.

As I go to charity shops and car boots regularly, I have a declutter a few times a year, I sell most of  our unwanted items, but any clothing always goes to the charity shop. I don't feel bad then when I come home with more bargains as what I have sold pays for it.

 So I  have started in the bedroom.

I have been through all wardrobes and drawers, everything is neat and tidy, furniture has been pulled out and hoovered behind, mattress and pillow protectors washed.

The furniture we have in the bedroom is very practical and basic.



 When we had our own house we had a really nice fitted bedroom, the bedroom is quite boring now, but when you rent a house, things  are not usually to your liking and you have to make do and make the most of what space you have, won't be long we will have our own place soon enough, can't believe we have been here 8 months already. I really miss not having a dressing table.I had the choice of a dressing table or another wardrobe when we moved but I went for the wardrobe as I do have quite a lot of clothes and I like to keep everything neat and organised. I certainly don't need any more clothes  for the next few, years, the same goes with cosmetics, toiletries, perfumes etc.

Spending has to be cut and things have to last.


I sorted through my nail polish, I couldn't believe I have 28 bottles.




My make do dressing table

I made my make up brush holder from a jam jar and some faux jewels from the range.

.




I only have things in the wardrobe which will be worn and what fit, most of my clothes are just everyday casuals, but I have a few little numbers in there for special occasions, what I have now has to last.






I only had one bag for the charity shop.




I have been through my jewellery box and started cleaning some of my ' real' jewellery.


Much more sparkly now.

I have washed up my winter dressing gown, and washed some scarves.


Freshened up the Lavender Bags for the wardrobe.


So the bedroom is all done and dusted , it looks the same as it did yesterday, but I am happy knowing it has had a deep clean and good tidy.

That reminds me have you ever watched Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners? It is on Channel 4 tonight, I can't believe how they let things get to that stage.

Anyway, that's if for me tonight, off to do some keep fit and then snuggle up in bed to watch some Netflix.

Have you started Spring Cleaning ?

22 comments:

  1. I do like a really good clean but I can't seem to find the time or motivation at the moment. We are slowly decluttering as we are hoping to be thinking about moving house in the next year or two. My heart isn't in this house which is the problem. Wow! To all those nail polishes. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean my heart isn't here, I am always thinking about our next home, but keeping busy makes the time go so much quicker. xx

      Delete
  2. I had a deep clean of all the rooms a few months ago - I don't know where all the dust comes from. If my cleaning schedule goes to plan it should stay pretty clean through the year. There are always some places I can't reach such as the tops of the wardrobes and then the ladders have to come out. Now you've done one bedroom - what's next? :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum, sons room ( he is at uni) then the spare (junk room), office, bathroom, lounge, kitchen again, then I will enjoy the sunshine x

      Delete
  3. I am a little behind on the cleaning schedule but it won't take long to catch up. Like you I am a fan of a car boot sale and get rid of unwanted items standing at one a two a year so its always good to have a clear out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I usually find quite a bit at the car boots I make the most of them as they are only on for a few months.

      Delete
  4. you have been a busy bee. I love your homemade make up brush holder. Mine is a candle jar from a candle I loved.

    Well, I've got on nicely with my spring cleaning. I got a head start and have been chipping away for the past few weeks, but yesterday I really got on well.

    watching telly & scoffing chocs seems like a fantastic use of time at a weekend :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie, thankyou, I must find do a bit more recycling with jars. It is nice to get stuck in and get it done it done.
      Yes I enjoyed my weekend, Easter Eggs this weekend :-) xx

      Delete
  5. Watching the Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners, which I do, always makes me want to start cleaning, so it's Good For Me. Not that our house is anything like as mucky as the places that need attention. But it's obvious to all who watch this that the mucky people have problems (the modern phrase would be to say "they have issues", but then I'm not modern, har, har!) and there is always some underlying reason why they've not cleaned, such as this evening when the elderly man of 75 had lived all his life with his mother who was of that generation where the women did all the cleaning and cooking, and quite frankly, he didn't know how to do anything, even at 75. People can and obviously do "get to that stage" because they've 'given up', they really don't know which way to turn, or what to do. The woman tonight had problems as she had been diagnosed with OCD herself but it was the obverse of cleanliness, she hoarded things, was unable to part with things and then we learned that she'd also been a drug addict and for a year her daughter had "been taken away from her" (which I presume to mean in case.) So we must all be thankful if we have what I hope is a normal, healthy approach to housework - cleaning when necessary, storing food correctly, keeping the essentials clean (kitchen and bathroom) but also being able to relax in our homes without the need to go through two bottles of bleach a day.
    Margaret P
    PS I keep my nail polish in the fridge, separate from the food of course. This is the best way to stop it going off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret, yes your right they do usually have issues. I think the people who help them are just bonkers, they are just wasting their days, its nice to have a clean home but letting it take over your life is ridiculous, and as for bleach I use sparingly and I can't stand the smell.

      Delete
  6. Well done on the spring clean,I am endeavouring to do the bedroom this week. I like your make up brush holder you have given me the idea to make one. I also love car boots and cannot wait for them to start. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, it is nice to get it done, it's amazing how you can transform a jam jar, I have some more ideas as well. Our car boot was cancelled at the weekend, there are meant to be 3 on this weekend but the weather will probably end up cancelling them x

      Delete
  7. Well done. Cant muster any enthusiasm for anything at present. But I fond it therapeutic when I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, it is different when you, are,at home, but you are busy with work, take care, x

      Delete
  8. I don't watch it because I'm not a very tidy person, i do get a spurt of energy every now and then and have a full deep clean , but the Bearded Wonder is much tidier than me.(almost obsessive lol ) , though we do have different areas, I do the living room, bedroom and stairs and he does the bathroom,kitchen and downstairs loo
    I like to think of myself as organized chaos haha :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. and i love your sparkly jam jar :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the onset of spring gives us the urge to have a deep clean. I've been doing lots of washing whilst the weather's been fine and I've been able to get it out on the line to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. woke up this morning this morning full of 'right lets get cracking' feelings. However, snuggled back in my bed with Blogland instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.