Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Gardening & A new Visitor

My greenhouse is getting packed now, we are running out of room, we are looking out  on freecycle to see if we can get another bench or table, or some wood so hubby can make one  so we can get everything up off of the ground.







My outdoor veg hasn't been the greatest success, the broccoli are all deceased, the Spinach is not looking well and the Cabbages are being attacked. The Carrots and Turnips are ok and the Spring Onions are doing well.

I have decided I am not going to bother with greens and just stick to simple things.
These are the things which I decided I will stick to growing.

Spring onions
Radish
Lettuce
Lambs Lettuce
Rocket
Gourmet Salad
Cucumber
Tomato's
Beetroot
Chilli's 
Peppers
Courgettes


So mostly salad things.
I had an idea for the little area which I am using for outdoor veg. I thought maybe filling with bulbs and flowers, so I could regularly pick flowers from the garden for indoors.



Yesterday I managed to take a few photo's of the sweet little Robin having a bath.
















Our  new visitor is a Great Tit he has been coming back regularly.

I first spotted him in the Weeping Cherry Tree.








He has been a bit naughty though and been sending all the Bluetit's packing, this is why, there is a next box incorporated in the top of the shed .



Checking it out.





I might ask hubby to make me some more nest boxes for the side and back of the shed.

Anyway I am so happy to see daily visitors, it took a while but the wait was worth it.




The new header is one of my photos of a baby Robin last year.

22 comments:

  1. You have captured some great photos. Its so lovely to be back out in the garden again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou it is, but it has gone a bit colder again, hopefully not for much longer.

      Delete
  2. we have a pair of bluebirds building a nest not far from the garden spot...it is a joy to see them each year!! I took a peek inside the box and the nest is ready :) lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love robins! And how lovely to have a Great Tit visiting. I bet your salad veg will be yummy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Robin is my favourite, I could eat salad everyday of the week, tonight we have just eating egg, bacon & avocado salad, it was really nice, I have a thing for Avocados at the momment xxx

      Delete
  4. Robins are just so cute. I'm giving my greens another go Thi year but under netting. Those pesky butterflies drove me to distraction. My lust is similar to yours. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen more Robins than ever before this year. I'm glad you have a visiting one too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIP Broccolli! I give up on greens too. Bloody wildlife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Caterpillars have been there in the freezing cold, I don't know whats going on x

      Delete
  7. Its great to see your list of what your growing this year a few similar things to me I do love this time of year :-) Love photo's of your visitors to I seeing the birds visit, Hope you manage to find another table for your greenhouse, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, I will stick to the easy foolproof things xx

      Delete
  8. We don't have anything growing her just yet, its still far too cold and wet.! The garden is starting to fill up with birds eating their way through lots of fat balls and sunflower seeds though! Love your photography. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to see the birds, my hubby says the birds getting fed better than him :-)x

      Delete
  9. Can you get hold of wooden pallets, we get our free from our local feed store, there is a lot of good wood in a pallet we have made tables, seating and once an entire kitchen from pallet wood, all you need is a good wrecking bar to take them apart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you certainly have a lot going on in your garden. It all looks lovely. As does the new header :O)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, yes it will keep me busy xx

      Delete