Tuesday, 23 February 2016

What's going on the Garden


Like most people I am fed up with this cold weather, I am longing for the warmer weather and then we can finish creating our garden, Not much going on , nice to see a bit of colour here and there though.







The weeping Cherry Tree.


Hubby has made a nest box for the Robin as he comes regularly with his mate,he spends lots of time in , on and under this tree, he tucked it right up out the way and the entrance is the other side so it is concealed from predators.

The Spring Onions are looking ok.


I have about eight cabbages left, some were eaten by Caterpillars, as was lots of the Spinach, the Spinach isn't looking to good.





Carrots seem to be growing quick now, have some in the greenhouse as well.



 The Sprouting Broccoli got killed off.
The Turnips are doing well.



The herbs apart from the Parsley are looked very poorly, I don't think they like the soil, I think I will be either putting them in pots again or putting them where I have veg growing outside at the moment as it is full of nice compost and manure, the soil here as you dig deeper has lots of clay in it.



Roll on Spring, then I will be spending most of my time outside.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, look at the number of buds on your Camellia! Your veg too look amazing, it makes me wish we had a proper garden again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sort of garden do you have ? x

      Delete
    2. We just have a small border at the back to plant as we wish. The front is mostly communal lawn with
      a steep grassy bank to the side. It means we mostly have to put things in pots. This is why we put potatoes in a big pot as well as strawberries. We are very restricted .....

      Delete
  2. Both your veg and flowers look good. Spring is on it's way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for warmer weather - I'd rather be gardening than doing housework any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not much going on, my bulbs are- or should I say were - three nights of below zero hard frost - doing marvellously well. All of f my herbs seem to have disappeared. I never thought really about testing my soil. Although I've been 'gifted' one of those blooming terracotta strawberry pots from my in laws and I'm going to do it with herbs! Then it will be 'gifted' on to some other mug er I mean lovely person! ( I'm such an ungrateful wretch!! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gone really cold here again in the nights, the frost ruins everything. I must get some Strawberry plants x

      Delete
  5. Lovely spring flowers one of my favourite times of year for colour and flowers. Your veg patch looks great still, soon be time to plant again :-) dee x

    ReplyDelete