Friday, 12 February 2016

Well we have been at it again today, getting more bargains.
A penny saved is a penny earn't.

We took up some recycling to Morrisons and although we only went yesterday, just popped in to check the reduced sections.
Not our biggest bargains but still worth having.










I split the burgers into two's,  made three lots from the mince and  two lots from the jerk chicken, and with the pack of chicken breast, that gave us eight meals for the freezer. Notice the bags, I do not buy freezer bags I save any bread bags and sometimes use cereal bags. The trays got washed and went to the greenhouse as well.

I even picked up some reduced Roses, a little sad in places , but worth 99p.






I needed some Dishwasher tablets, I get these from Home Bargains.


30 for £1.69, and they work just as well as the expensive brands, these are the only ones I buy now.

They also had some washing up liquid reduced from 79p to 50p and it had 50% free so I had some of those. I don't use much washing up liquid as I use the dishwasher so these will keep us going for a very long time.



So with yesterdays laundry deal, that's the clothes and dishes sorted out for a while.




There is still much work to be done in the garden but we are avoiding garden centres and buying plants when we spot any cheap enough, another month the carboots will start again as well, but in Home Bargains again we spotted some Rose's for 99p, I chose this orange one. I have potted it up and left it in the greenhouse at the moment.




So although there has been more spending today, it is still saving in the long run, we haven't paid normal price for meat in month's so we get it whenever it is reduced.

Have a nice weekend, our lovely son is home for tea tonight and staying over and having lunch with us tommorow, so looking forward to family time.

14 comments:

  1. Yay....I managed to get some reduced cheese last night. 2 pieces at half the marked price. I will grate and freeze some of it. The only other stuff there was some very smelly fish and I don't do fish so I left it for someone else....lol-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the cheese Shelia, freezing it is a good idea x

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you manage it on a Friday, the reduced section near us is barren on a Friday as it is when the majority of the sheeple shuffle through their doors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I know what you mean, we were very lucky xx

      Delete
  3. I have more bits to use up in the freezer before I do any more spending. I need space for hobby's party food when I get it next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to empty a few drawers out now as we need to rotate the stock x

      Delete
  4. Meant to say thanks for the tip on dishwasher tablets. I admit I brought the last lot back from USA. We still had dome left after the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually bring back laundry products when we go abroad x

      Delete
    2. We've been to France a few times by ferry and the 2 items I always bring back are 1. A giant box of Persil and 2. A giant sack of Felix cat biscuits. I ignore the wines.

      Delete
  5. Great deals, just think of the money you will be saving in the next couple months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've down branded my dishwasher tabs too and they are just as good and a fraction of the cost. If you don't try, you'll never know and you can save so much!

    ReplyDelete