Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Today we decided to pop up to one of the many garden centres around here, now we don't buy much from them as they are so expensive, it will soon be car boot season and the rest of the plants we need to finish the garden will come from there.

But as I said yesterday the herbs are poorly they don't like the soil, so we went and got some fresh ones. We got some pots a while back in Morrison's you find them were the fresh flowers are usually, it was either 90p or 99p for eight, I can't quite remember.So I used these  to pot up the new herbs, they are outside the kitchen patio door so handy if I just want to go out and get something.

I dug up the Parsley and Chives I already had, we also now have, Lemon Thyme, Lemon Balm, Sage, Rosemary, Oregano, Common Thyme.



Hubby is doing some work in the background, levelling up.


I also have a mint in a pot near the greenhouse.





 I also tooks some cuttings, of Thyme, Oregano, Sage, Parsley, Chives and Rosemary.




Then it was off to B & Q as it is discount day for hubby, he needed a few things.

I picked up a few things for the garden.

A lovely Double Pink Hellebore for £5.00
We had these in one of the old houses, they are lovely and hardy.



We also got an apple tree for £10, we probably won't benefit much for this as we will move again in a few years, but I am looking into ways to make the garden more wildlife friendly, I get the Robins and Blackbirds, Pigeons and Magpies in all the time, but I thought some trees or bigger shrubs would encourage more birds in as I know they feel safer when there is something they can hide in.

No very big at the moment but by the end of the summer it should have grown a bit.




I have just put a new background on my computer, this was last Spring at the old house.



Isn't he cute.




16 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking good, I need to redo my herb bed, it's a bit over grown. Love your screen saver, it's a good photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can finish it off before the summer then we can relax and enjoy, I have so many bird photos, I thought I could have a change once a month.

      Delete
  2. I'll be so glad when we can get into the garden, ours is very wet at the monent and theres a huge amount of tidying up to do but once it dries out we will get stuck in and breathe some fresh life into it. Hope you manage a crop if apples from your tree before you move house, or at least get a taster. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, there is always something to do in the garden isn't there, you never know we might get a couple of apples x

      Delete
  3. Ah, little fluffy, fluffy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say that every time I look at it, just so so cute x

      Delete
  4. Your herb bed is coming along nicely, and that double hellebore is just gorgeous. Such a sweet bird photo too. Have a good rest of the week.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. He/she is just a ball of fluff, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was just one of them, there were 2 babies x

      Delete
  6. What a sweet little bird so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your screen saver! It's fun to use our own work, isn't it?
    Herbs will hopefully come along now and recover. I wonder what they don't like, as most herbs are accommodating and easy to grow?
    Couldn't you put the apple tree in a large pot so you can take it with you when you move again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the future when I am not so busy, I might make some cards using my images, I can't understand the herbs either,anything we plant and want to keep will will dig up again x

      Delete
  8. Looking good :o) All my desktop backgrounds are photos I've taken.. at the moment it's one of my Robin photos.. that baby Robin is so cute, I have some photos of our baby Robin's that fledged last year. Fingers crossed for more this year :o) x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.